Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Hey,

I tried listening to it but couldnt tell if it was buzzing or vibrating as the engine noise was a bit overpowering.

Cleaned pipes/hoses nearby, could not see any cracks or burns.

Not tried unpluging it yet,a job for tonight I think....(will the engine tick over normally when unplugged?)

My garage cleaned it a yr ago and sorted it out, £150quid seems a bit pricy for a new one!!??

40 min drive home from work tonight and stalling for the 1st half.......but 2nd half was much better!! Ideling OK.

Pulled up outside home and unplugged the ISV whilest ticking over and the engine cut out.

Presume this means the ISV is working?!

yeah, it does, which is good, somethings ive changed in the last 2 days and my idling is better, not sure what engine you have tho, this is on my vr6.

- Changed K&N filter back to standard air box and air filter

- Disconnected battery to reset ecu

- Removed the ISV damper (because it blew up)

- Noticed a hole in pipe going from inlet manifold to carbon canister and taped it up

- Cleaned ISV in petrol and carb cleaner

- Cleaned Throttle body

- Cleaned the MAF in Switch cleaner from Maplins

it played up once today, but i got alot further on a drive then i have in the past.

Today i generally just touched myself......and minced. A lot

Were you thinking about me while you were doing it?

I fitted a new chain guide to the vr and turned it over, everything seems ok. Hopefulyl will start it at the weekend now. Then drove home in the 16v stopping to pick up fuel and talk to a new scirroco owner.

Today i generally just touched myself......and minced. A lot

do you know like when you stay at a mate's house and use their computer to go onto the forum and don't log out......

:lol:

Today I changed the wipers and fitted the door handle repair kit to the passenger side whilst unintentionally stabbing myself multiple times with the small screwdriver used to lever the spring out of position!

Ditto that my friend!! I did my handle repair not so long ago and stabbed myself that many times my left hand was deemed useless for the rest of the week.....gutted!

Today...however, I replaced my radiator for a brand spanking new one and new G12 ++ with minor injuries!

Ditto that my friend!! I did my handle repair not so long ago and stabbed myself that many times my left hand was deemed useless for the rest of the week.....gutted!

Today...however, I replaced my radiator for a brand spanking new one and new G12 ++ with minor injuries!

Left hand was deemed useless eh? :lol:

I'm sayin nothin................................... :shades:

Took the Rado for its MOT today which it failed. Failed on emissions, front brake pads, rear fog bulb, handbrake ineffective, and nearside headlight dull.

I've changed the headlight lens (with a lot of help from the Wiki, cheers guys) as it had a crack in it anyway and I'd bought one to put one from a member on hear which turned up earlier on this week. I've been to GSF and bought new discs and pads for the front and new handbrake cables which I'll fit tomorrow all being well. I think the emissions is down to a sensor somewhere, will try and find a mate with VAGCOM to plug it in. Will report back tomorrow with a success story hopefully!

Full service, n/s outer cv, Discs and pads on the front... Rotated wheels. Fitted lens covers.

And ended up re-tightening the banjo's on the fuel filter 3 times! And found play in lower A arms :(

Suspesion next, once I get the Coilies...

Took the bonnet off, removed the LHS headlight, radiator grille and spent about 2hrs trying to get the RHS headlight out with no success -- bl**dy recessed screw has rusted solid and I've managed to completely bugger the head... grrrr

today i have mostly been fitting front and rear engine mounts so now it doesnt feel like the engine is about to come through the bulk head everytime i accelerate

I got a new exhaust!! :) :)

I haven't got it back yet but apparently it sounds like a dream - as opposed to the harrier jet it sounded like for the past few weeks!!!

Looks like no-one's been doing anything to their cars in this cold weather - and I don't blame em!

Yesterday I stuck my head under the bonnet as I've had ever worsening belt squealing noises coming from the pulley area over the past month or two. Gone from a quick shriek when I started the car to a horrid & embarrassing squealing noise for the first 5 minutes of my drive every day. Started the car and noticed that the belt was quite noticeably slack so nipped up the alternator adjuster/tensioner thing to the guidelines in the Haynes and bingo - it's shut right up. Super!

Next up is the exhaust.. horrid buzzing coming from it under acceleration! :(

Added a 'VR6 inside' sticker on the rear window and gave it a nice wipe down with some detailing spray, it had been in a garage for 2 weeks and not been driven!

I've just finished painting up my new wheels, I have tires to go on ready, all fitted hopefully tomorrow. porka 928s in a lovely blue and red effect...

Top gear tonight is awesome BTTC!