Sign in to follow this  
WoodyG60

Engine Mountings

Hi all, need to replace my G60's engine mountings but have been given a cost of £130 (+ VAT) each :roll: . Does anyone know where to get them cheaper?

Many thanks!

Hi mate...... have i seen you about? What part of Edinburgh are you in?

Are you wanting stock, or uprated mounts?

GSF is the place most people go for them. Or if you are going to get uprated ones, you have missed mine, but you could try g-werks or pitstop to see if they have any.

Leon just bought a set of three, uprated front and std rears, give him a shout to find out the prices.

Personally can recommend using the VAG originals for the rear mounts and use a Vibra-Technics front mount. I've done all my mounts last autumn.

Tempest

16vg60 (John Mitchell Racing) sells solid aluminium front engine mounts - much cheaper than the Vibra-Technics ones.

Standard for the rear and gear box mounting and either a vibra-technics or solid for front, 16vg60 John Mitchell Racing fitted mine just before his solid mount was available.

Excellent - cheers all, Darren from G-Werks is helping me out with the front mount :D !

Andy, think I saw you at Tesco in Corstorphine a while back - I'm down just off Ferry Road most of the time. Think it was your G60 I saw on George St a couple of weeks ago - looking good!

Thanks again!

Yeah, I have just done all of mine. As mentioned, VT/solid up front and std rears. Heres the part numbers and prices:

Std PG rear: W535 199 262 @ £79.71 inc VAT (very expensive though I got money off :))

Std PG gearbox: W3A0 199 402 @ £48.03 inc VAT

GSF are a good bit cheaper though - just I thought it was sensible to get from VW after I'd set aside enough money for them all.

btw - double check the numbers are correct as my local dealer managed to mess up the order twice. Cant really go wrong when you say its a PG block.

HTH

16vg60 (John Mitchell Racing) sells solid aluminium front engine mounts - much cheaper than the Vibra-Technics ones.

I use a JMR front engine mount too, much better and cheaper!