Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

My New Smoothed and Painted Mirrors!

Well just got them back.

I've had the seam around the mirrors plastic welded, smoothed and then painted body colour.

They aren't on the car yet as that's still off having the FMIC and custom throttle body fabricated but have a look at the pics and tell me what you think!

they look superb mate, looks like the plastic welding's been done really well! who did them and what was the cost?

Nice one Sam.. they do look really good. Your car is really starting to come together now mate.. can't wait to see it at some shows getting a little attention as it certain deserves it after all the effort you've put into it!

Yeah they lok great - all the subtle little mods like this make a huge difference and just finish it off nicely

Don't suppose it makes much difference like cos you can still remove the glass if damaged.

What about getting the black surround colour coded on a stsndard non welded mirror, would it look right or twee?

Chris

What about getting the black surround colour coded on a stsndard non welded mirror, would it look right or twee?

Chris

IMO twee :D

I tried it first and came out 'ok'

But you couldn't get the paint in the seam and it had this funny colour mix of primer and paint colour. Sort of difficult to describe but basically "twee!"

These are excellent! Very impressed- one of those mods that really brings the C up to date (along with changing the tail lights).

In standard form, the seam you plastic welded over seems to cause turbulence and whistles as certain speeds, so when you've fitted them let me know if this noise goes and I'll be doing the same mod too!

I have a spare set of mirrors that I was going to sell (keeping them until I had the finished article incase something went wrong!!) I might get them done for someone and painted to paint code if someone wants them.

But the £40 is mates rates. plus the cost of the set of mirrors and a little for the 2 of us. I'll need to ask what he'd do a second pair for. Plus the mirror units cost me almost £60 so I need to recoup costs.

Let me know if your interested!!

Fair does mate, they look sh1t hot! Seems like a few people like the idea of these.....would you do a group buy :wink: :lol: