Sign in to follow this  
VR6

This week I shall mostly be driving ....

haha 106's come with 'autocrash'? when you get sick of the sight of it you press a button on the keyfob and it drives itself into a wall...handy!

Probably the best feature ever put on a french car... mind you it probably desn't work properly and no doubt has to be activated from insider the vehicle at speed :roll:

VR6 why are you having to put up with a shopping trolley? I've always demanded like for like when having insurance repairs carried out...

Yeah I was wondering about the autocrash feature as well....

Unfortunately it's the name of the body shop and not a feature :(

Unfortunately it's not an insurance job so I can't really demand much. If it wasn't that then it would only have been a slightly newer Pug.

The most fun is hitting speed bumps and pot-holes at 5 times the normal speed I would in the C!! :D

Should only be a few days hopefully ....

Heh heh, oh that's gonna suck.

The autocrash feature presumably doesn't work because it's gone through the unique French car weightloss scheme, as has the sun visor, indicator stalk and that mystery bit of trim that's in the passenger footwell. :lol:

Ah well, at least it'll make the VR feel superb when you get it back :)

The most fun is hitting speed bumps and pot-holes at 5 times the normal speed I would in the C!! :D

:lol: I find that it's the best when you can actually get at least 3 wheels off the ground after hitting the speed bump...

So whats happening (or happened?) to your Corrado then Tom?

It feels horrible inside and the gear change (for a 16k car) is absolutely horrendous!!!

About a month back I was parked up at the sorting office (with the missus in the car). I came out to find that someone had been pulling out of a space and had scrubbed the front wing and bumper. Only the paintwork though.

So I took her details and I kindly offered to do it outside of the insurance as the quote was around £300.

Then I took the opportunity to get a couple of very minor blemishes sorted out.....

..and I'm getting the rear wiper hole smoothed and plated.

Looked at a full respray but the bank balance cringed.

while borrowing a micra recently, i rediscovered the fun of hitting a speedbump at 40 in a small car. The neighbours must have thought I was mad flying at the speedbumps down my street in a little blue hippo, dukes of hazzard stylee :twisted:

yeah! nice to see im not the only who enjoys flying over speed bumps in a courtesy car. dont forget to redline it every gear. New cars have that restrictor thing so the revs only go a certain way, then it makes that stupid sound.

What the hell! You wouldnt dream of doing it in your Corrado, so you might as well thrapse the liyyle Pug til it cries.

There's nothing quite like the smell of a thrashed engine, brakes and clutch when you get out. Especially when its a courtesy car.

just had the new golf, astra and focus as rental cars over the past month, had fun thrashing them all, but would have to say the astra was most fun, but I only did 30 miles in the new focus as the aircon was stuck on, and froze me solid at 7 in the morning, this is on a brand new model with only 600 miles on the clock! Good luck Ford, your gonna need it!

wahaha i just got my rado yesterday, speed bumps are evil, just upgraded from a 1.1 pug 106 :d speed bumps are easily traversable at 35mph ;)