Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

InPro E36 style lights for Corrados!

Yes they are the same ones, but more information and a place to buy them for a great price. I emailed TMT about possible groub buy prices etc.

Just got an email back from TMT. They are more than happy to help us out with a GP for the lights. They said it will be happening in the next 3-4 months because that is when InPro is going to be releasing them. They also said if they get any more info on the lights that they would contact me to let me know the news. So stay tuned for s GB soon enough. =]

Again, TMT said it would be 3-4 months until they are ready to be shipped out to people. So stay tuned, I will post any new information as soon as I get it.

probably not. they are e-coded headlights

i thought e coding was a european thing? so still lhd are lhd and rhd lightd different coz if so one side of the pond is gonna be dissapointed!

The E-mark just means that the lights have been approved for legal use anywhere in the EU. It does not mean that they are specifically LHD or RHD.

In the UK we therefore need RHD lights with an E-Mark, as the kick-up pattern is different to LHD lights (otherwise we'd be blinding oncoming traffic - yes, you can use black stickies, gets you through the MOT but the police can still pull you).

I would assume that whoever is going to make these lights is aware of the requirement for RHD lights for the UK market.

Tempest

The E-mark just means that the lights have been approved for legal use anywhere in the EU. It does not mean that they are specifically LHD or RHD.

In the UK we therefore need RHD lights with an E-Mark, as the kick-up pattern is different to LHD lights (otherwise we'd be blinding oncoming traffic - yes, you can use black stickies, gets you through the MOT but the police can still pull you).

I would assume that whoever is going to make these lights is aware of the requirement for RHD lights for the UK market.

Tempest

Good point. I hope all of this works out. =] I will ask the guys at TMTuning and see if they are going to be for RHD and LHD cars.

Just got an email back from Damian at TMTuning. Here it is:

Josh,

Unfortunately, the lighting manufactures on this side of the English channel dont usually factor in RHD into the design process. Just let them know that it will be LHD only and they will have to work their skills to make them fit for RHD.

Also to answer a potential question ahead of time; Hella & Inpro have both made it clear that they have no intentions to produce RHD specific headlight models in the future, so there is no chance of them coming anytime soon either.

Thanks

Damian

Would have thought if GSF can get 'em then there's a good chance they'll be rhd... fingers crossed!