Sign in to follow this  
MNuTz

Personal plates

Im not a big fan of personal plates usually because they only mean something to the driver and not to anyone else, but having a G60 i thought there must be some nice plates out there for my car. My current plate was personal to the female owner as it was her initials and ive recently been asked by a neighbour if im planning on selling them as its his initials too!

Well, obviously the first plate that came to mind was G60 VWC but i cant find it anywhere and the RAC website doesnt say its registered to a car. Boy would i love that plate!! Cant find G60 CVW either :(

Did a few searches and came up with the following

G6 VWC - £494

G6 OSF - £494 (my initals are SF)

Anyone here got personal plates and do you all think that they are worth even if its only you that knows its a P plate??

i used to have a personal plate but i got rid of it cos i couldnt put it on the rado, had T666 FTS cos my surname is Tofts, i loved it and was gutted when i had to get rid of it....

am looking for one for the C but am struggling to find one i want cos she is a K reg...

:evil:

mines currently wearing chris vr6nos's private plate (k1 cpw) and although its his initials everyones spotted its private, depends what you get i suppose. I'd go for the G6 OSF, pretty good if you ask me!!

C28 VRG was on the dvla site a few weeks ago...shame it wasnt C29! was only £250 too...

C28 VRG was on the dvla site a few weeks ago...shame it wasnt C29! was only £250 too...

Yeah... I don't think there ever was any .29 VRG. I was looking for that a while back

I'd go for the 'G6 OSF' as well

reason you can't get a 60 number on a G plate is that DVLA will only allow the numbers 1 to 20 on the earlier plates. Pain I know.

I got myself a personal plate a while back. Get it straight from DVLA if you're going to get one - its cheaper.

Took all the forms down to the licencing office and they swapped all the details there and then. I was gob smacked!

Yeah got a few myself last one on my Storm and now on retention

142 HOT, 8)

Also got M77 VVV,which looks like VW without too much effort 8)

G6 OSF would be cool, but isn't it frustrating that you have to have the gap there and not G60 SF when after all it reads the same anyway....

I've been looking for plates for when my C is in Australia and came up with this in their 'Euro Style/Size'

NVW60G.gif

Again frustrated cos the last 3 buggers have to be 2 numbers THEN the letter !!! They do another smaller plate which IMO would look odd but i could have one of these...

VWG60.gif

Even more annoying that i can't put one of those on a Euro Plate !!!

Use to have A60 VW and C6 OVW which did a passable inpersonation of G60 VW for quite some time until the local plod caught up.

theres a fair few 'VRG' plates on the dvla's site, half thought about one but A) it'd only ever apply to a vr6 and who knows, i might not own one forever ;) and B) I'd rather spend £250 on something shiny :D

reason you can't get a 60 number on a G plate is that DVLA will only allow the numbers 1 to 20 on the earlier plates. Pain I know.

http://www.newreg.co.uk are advertising G60 plates but the prices are rather steep!!

Ill remember to go through the DVLA instead and avoid the middle man fee's!

Gotta get it on the road first, just a tad more important dont you think? :p

It's a shame we don't have a system like the North Americans. This is a pic I took on a highway in Victoria, Canada in 2002. The car was occupied by a couple who appeared to be well into their 60s!

I like my plate K1 CPW

I thought the number 1 was more special rather than have a higher number and Kirsten is my daughters name so KI is the thought and CPW are my initials, but ususlly it's true, the plate means little to anyone else but isn't that the idea of a PERSONAL plate?

Chirs