Sign in to follow this  
surfer.vr6

heater control panel

does anyone know how to get the heater control panel off as i am changing the fan switch

i have removed the radio and ash tray housing but i cant see how it comes off

any advice apprieciated

cheers it just needed brute force

Just exactly how much brute force is the tricky bit.

When removing trim I can never tell whether it comes off with brute force, or whether there's a sneaky screw hiding away somewhere. (I usually discover this at the exact point the bit of plastic breaks off) :roll:

The screw in the door-speaker recess is the sneakiest yet. Cunning little bugger.

Yep, just prise off the cover panel gently and undo the 4 screws in the corner. Worth greasing up the cogs whilst you're there.

[(I usually discover this at the exact point the bit of plastic breaks off) :roll:

That horrible, harsh snap haunts my dreams... :)

i'd nominate the 2 studs that keep the dash board in as the sneakiest - me chrisvr6nos and trippy spent hours trying to remove a dashboard before we noticed those!!!!

I hate those clips with the studs in the middle....they just look like normal flat clips and it's not until you've just wrenched them off and snapped them that you realise you have to push the middles out :roll:

H8RRA I didnt find these when I was strippin my G60, so I crowbared it out against the windsreen, neither survived :twisted:

the bit of trim thats been getting on my wick since I got the vr is those sh*te plastic screws and stupid lipped tabs that hold the center console down which no matter how many times I try and get to stay put, always pop off the next time I pull the handbrake meaning the center console doesnt sit flush.