Sign in to follow this  
craigowl

CorradoForum stickers - How to attach, please.

What is the best way to get the interior stickers off the backing and then attach to glass?

No instructions with them and method not obvious to the uninitiated, and I must have done a lot of sticking in my day. :wink:

I bought a couple a while ago and screwed up with one.

I guessed heat from a hair drier might help and got one on.

Would be grateful for step-by-step instructions for new ones I have acquired.

Thanks in anticipation.

Patience, and very slowly!

Peel the backing off at a sharp angle to the masking tape - leaving the letters stuck on the masking tape of course.

You have to attack each letter at a time, and slowly!!

It is possible! I've fitted about 30 of these now and only screwed up 2 - and that was through rushing ;)

It might help if you have a scalpel to gently separate the backing from the sticker - 'cos some of them do come off all in one sometimes....

Andi said

It might help if you have a scalpel to gently separate the backing from the sticker - 'cos some of them do come off all in one sometimes....

I had a feeling it could be like a surgical operation. Mind you, the one I got on using the hair drier heat went on in a oner - not a letter at a time. Perhaps this is a technique that could be perfected.

I will keep forum informed.

Probably won't do it today or tomorrow as we are being swamped with air from the Arctic up here. 8) 8) 8)

i did mine yesterday....they were a bit of a fiddle...but patience is a virtue...they look cool when theyre on... 8) very discreet!...dont be afraid to get in there and peel bits off ..as mentioned a scalpel would be handy (along with a surgeons hand!)...i kindly had a spare sent to me which came in handy when i messed up the "t" on one side!

You don't have to apply each letter at a time, just make sure that each letter is left on the masking tape as you're peeling the backing off.

Once they're all in place on the masking tape (perhaps with the use of a scalpel, as mentioned) then apply to glass and rub vigorously (the sticker).

I only know of a single person to receive two (yes two) faulty stickers that subsequently rendered them useless (the stickers).

Yup, gently is the name of the game.

Place the sticker on a table, with the backing paper on top.

Gently peel the backing paper off. You need to make sure the letters don't come off the masking tape at all as they'll twist and end up slightly wonky. If you keep sticker against the table and peel the backing sheet off it, the sticker itself shouldn't curl up.

Once you've done that, stick the whole shebang to the window and "rub vigorously"

The next bit is the hardest, you need to very, very gently peel the masking tape off the letters. Focus on one letter at a time and don't allow the letters to peel off the window. If they do lift of the window, it's a bugger to get them to sit back straight.

But on the bright side, the CF ones are about a billion times easier to apply than the CCGB ones. They're a freaking nightmare.

Oh, and you can always use a little water with some detergent in it when sticking it to the window - should allow you to manoevre it into place.

But you probably should let the water dry before removing the backing, otherwise the letters will probably come away with the backing paper.

Done 3 of them OK. Two on 14-year old Peugeot, too!

Had to cannibalize one set to get a few letters.

Hope never to have to do them again unless an improved version becomes available. By the time I got to the fourth one I was able to get it all on in one piece. Expertise comes with practice.

Sharp pointed tweezers come in useful, too, for the brain surgery!

Timing chains should be a doddle after this. :roll:

Timing chains should be a doddle after this. :roll:

:lol: :lol:

Going to have a go at doing my stickers now, then with all that newly learned technical ability, I'll drop the V8 in !