Sign in to follow this  
Rpmayne

Supersprint exhaust for a VR

After my personal experience with a Milltek system not fitting as I had expected, has anyone had any bad experience with the Supersprint systems? At the time of buying the Milltek the general concensus was good, yet now this seems to have tailed off. I'm quite prepared to pay for a quality system if it fits as well as OE, is stainless so never to be replaced and has an improvement in sound similar to the Milltek. Although the manifold looks wicked I can't go that far unfortunately, just cat back.

Must agree.

Mine came with a Supersprint.

Fits perfectly and gives a nice note.

Doesn't bang on the rear axle at all.

Only downsides are I hate the tailpipe (large round) and it breaks the rubber hangers every once in a while.

I thought a lot of the Supersprint stuff was mild steel, with only some back boxes made from stainless? Has this changed?

That doesn't matter. Metals are produced to different standards, although being the same. Some better than others. A kwik fit mild steel system won't last half as long as a BAG Mild system for example....but anyway, SS are hybrid systems....mild boxes and stainless pipework. This is the best compromise between performance, longevity and noise.

Milltek's Stainless quality is not impressive at all, not as good as Magnex or SuperSprint's for example.

Given the choice between Magnex and Supersprint, which would you go for? I appreciate that the Supersprint systems are good quality, but surely in terms of longevity, a Magnex system would be better?

I feel like a broken record sometimes, but I'd still like to point out that the OE fits the best, and lasts ten years for the same, or less, money..

Nudge the stylus then Mat :wink:

Tug, I'd go for the SuperSprint. Stainless doesn't always assume it'll last for ever, they do go eventually and suffer from fractures far easier than Mild does.

As Mat says, if the OE system can last 10 years, then the SS or Magnex can do the same, if not better.

Maybe we need a sticky "which exhaust" thread. These come up weekly, all the same people say all the same things (myself included), then the person who asked originally does just what he/she was intending to do all along..

Massive deja vu here...

Any ideas where the cheapest place is to order a Supersprint system? The stereo's broken at the moment and now starting to realise how much the current one is knocking around even with nobody in the back.

I have the 2.9 Supersprint Mega. It did not fit right. My muffler shop had to cut and put on new hangers so that the tip was in the center of the bumper cut out.

Oettinger SLC, was that a full system?

my garage had no problem at all.

it sits spot on and doesnt bang or knock.

tbh.

im on my second centre and de cat.

think it was a bad batch tho and i got it on warranty

well... sort of...

but yeah, i still recommend them, i have the whole lot on mine.

not cheap but worth it.