Sign in to follow this  
RobW

do I cam a G60 or what next

got a g60...stage 4 charger, 68 pulley, sns5 chip, drilled a. box, stainless zorst.

What next for the best gains pound for pound.

Do I whack a piper cam in (or the like)?

Intercooler?

This boost return thing?

4 branch?

Whats the general feel.

Also got it on some weitec coilover adjustables...thinking about adding arb's...good combination???

hmm, I think you want to make the flow and cooling optimum first so yea, maybe a 4 branch manifold and flowed head. I'm no expert on g60's tho. I know stevemac is doing a bit of a project on his so maybe he can enlighten you.

Fitting a cam to a G60 will usually not yeild much in the way of power - it will just move the max torque further up the rev range.

I agree with Daz - front mount cooler is the next thing to do.

Nice FMIC will be the best thing.

You could remove the boost return anyway since you only need a couple of cheap parts ie breather filter and blanking plate.

i understand that the fmic is good through being able to have a more dense air in the intake,but what are the actual gains?

just interested in the difference to be had from simply? running a front mount.

cheers,neil. :)

just interested in the difference to be had from simply? running a front mount.

cheers,neil. :)

The difference on cold winter days won't be nearly as noticable as it will be on a hot summers day. Standard G60 cooler is just too small & doesn't get enough air flow to cool the intake temperature very well. The cooler the air, the higher the oxygen content of the air. Engines only burn the oxygen content & consequently more oxygen = more power, therefore colder air = more power.

A/C delete..... RSR outlet.... New Bright Green Tops, 42lb.... either 3.5 FPR or adjustable 4bar....spark plug wires.... FMIC..... 65mm pulley.... ISV reroute/delete.... blanking plate.... eurosport or BBM intercooler tubes.... ported throttle body.... exhaust header.... chopped intake manifold (EIPtuning.com).... and you could cam it.... I think I listed em all that u dont have...

dunno about the suspension sorry