Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Ok.. reccomend some cars! (

Blimey, there's a RHD Lotus Carlton on ebay... *drool*

If only they made a Lotus Cavalier eh Mat!

Maybe you could comission some of the Rover workforce to build you one using the Elise or VX220 engine...

How much of a golf TDI can you get for 5k ?

erm... everything except the passenger door, bonnet and fuel cap? :lol:

Caios - i just dont think there everyones cup of tea, plus nobody seems to know anything about em. oh that, and the cambelt costs 1k to replace ;) engine out job!

Caios - i just dont think there everyones cup of tea, plus nobody seems to know anything about em. oh that, and the cambelt costs 1k to replace ;) engine out job!
Terrible handling too.. :shock:

Going back to a Corrado isn't in my future plans.

And to be honest.. the sound of the screw charger is a little too displeasing on my ears!

Cheers tho ;)

I'm gonna side with Ant on this one and chuck a vote in for the Audi Coupe S2 20V Turbo - class in a glass

Hm.. slightly old and a bit too powerful really.. i'm not really going to be saving any money by getting rid of my G60 and going for one of them!! :)

looking at the audi A3 sport 1.8T... How much would it cost to get more power from the engine & what can it go to without spending crazy money? Chip it im guessing?

Beal, a remap from most companies will take them from 150bhp to 210bhp for about £500. Don’t quite know why flashing the ecu with some different fuelling figures, etc costs so much!

Problem is add anymore mods and you need it remapping again! Don’t know what sort of other mods mean you have to get a remap though.

What makes the software so hard to develop? As far as I can see they read/writes data through a COM port and changes some variables stored in the ECU. I don’t think there is any need to rewrite an engines entire management just change the variables it uses to regulate things. I would have thought the hard bit wasn’t changing the variables but knowing what to change them too.

Starting to think a MK4 Golf TDI with some money set aside for a rechipping session @ Stealth might be an option.

Modern (reliable), diesel (economical), and punchy as heck after the rechip :)

actually there is an entire forum dedicated to the fiat coupe, but as I and others have said front wheel drive and not very good chassis=bad handling. But there are places that can change the belt without taking out the engine and for around £500- not 1k, you just have to shop around. the 150 1.8t chips to about 190 if it is custom remapped, but if you add bigger tip, exhaust and filter you will be looking at poss 220. If you get a tdi, try and get the pd tho for obvious reasons. Still think an s14a is your best bet tho.

Starting to think a MK4 Golf TDI with some money set aside for a rechipping session @ Stealth might be an option.

Modern (reliable), diesel (economical), and punchy as heck after the rechip :)

Personally I'd got for the Bora with the same engine, slightly more stealthy and tend to be better specced for the money.

I'm not exactly sure why you got bored or fell out with your Corrado, but in your budget you are unlikely to get something equally fun in performance and appearance without the financial burden. Perhaps the TDI which offers a very different vehicle with many benefits is a good choive, I personally like A4 Avants good choice petrol or diesel.