Sign in to follow this  
craigbeal

What you think its worth...??

Thinking of selling my 16v in the near future, and want something a bit faster and a bit safer too maybe after my mate’s unfortunate crash. Thinking of a mk3 vr6 as i have £4000 to spend an a new car and cant really afford a vr6 C or afford the up-keep of a g60..... So just wondering what i should ask for my 16v or shall i just keep it until it dies??

Details:

H Reg

159,120 miles

FSH until 138,000

Runs well and always starts, burns some oil but nothing major, has 12 months MOT (cost £80 for the past three MOTS & hasnt needed anything major fixing)

Had new timing belt in 2002 at 140,000 miles.

Gotta remember the problems BigEastside... and CandyWhite16V have had selling theirs though - lots of work done to them as well... Think chrishill's only went for about £1800 too and that has had a gorgeous full respray... Not to urinate on your conflagration or anything though, sorry!

Its not as cleen as it looks in the pic. It is well looked after but it does have a few knocks on it but these could be sorted for a few £££. Really fancy somthing different having had this for almost 3 years. Doubt i would have problems selling it as i work in Tesco and all the staff love it so selling isnt an issue i dont think just for how much is. I paid £1800 for it 2 1/2 years ago and just put BBS on it and a few little mods. If i where to sell it too what would be a good upgrade for £4000. Been reading the other thred on what to get for £3 - £5k and Vr6 Golf is safe and quicker than what i have now?

Personally, I'd look for a mega clean Mk2 16v with all the extras.

A G60 Golf would be ideal, but they're all LHD. :(

Mk3's are a bit boaty and their build quality is quite poor.

Having owned a Mk3 I can say that without fear of reprisal.

Later ones do have twin airbags though if it's safety you're after.

My mate's just bought a 1996 T5 Volvo Estate for £3500. Serious performance and it would take some impact to destroy it.

I didn't realise Corrado's performed badly in a crash.

Ive never been in a corrado crash (touch wood) but my mates mk2 was wasted. So i want somthing safer + VW really.... and day before he died i said i was gonna get a vr6 of some sort and feel i should as he was super jelous as he wanted one for ages lol....

my mates mk2 was wasted.

Oops Sorry! :oops:

Well then, you could have a Bora or Passat TDi for £4k.

Easily tuned too. ;)

There's a 5 door VR6 Highline on here for less than £4k too.

You could strike lucky in the Trader and get a nice one for £4k.

Not everyone knows they're worth good money. Parkers and Glasses guides list them as being worth much less than they really go for.

Even on here I've seen VR's go for around £4k or less.

As long as the bodywork's not hanging off it and it drives ok don't worry too much as you'll have plenty of time to sort other bits out.

You could get a nice C VR for under £4K. Mine will be up for sale soon at around £3K :wink:

Gotta remember the problems BigEastside... and CandyWhite16V have had selling theirs though - lots of work done to them as well... Think chrishill's only went for about £1800 too and that has had a gorgeous full respray... Not to urinate on your conflagration or anything though, sorry!

Fingers crossed if he doesnt sell it before, i'm picking up Candywhites at the weekend. Cant wait to finally own a Corrado after owning two golfs. i'm like a kid at christmas.

At nearly 160k, and even though this is about average mileage, I think you'd definitely struggle to get the £2k mentioned for your C. There's nothing worse than paying for a car advert and then getting bugger all calls because you've pitched the price too optimistically. I think Ebay has really driven down the price of Corrados, particularly 16vs - which is good for buyers, not so good for sellers. Over 150k Corrados (even FSH ones) go on Ebay for about a grand.

You could just hope the BBC repeat the Top Gear Corrado test to push prices back up!

I'd keep the C (or switch to a VR6). Having been in a crash in one (rolled down the road upside down at about 40mph) and come out with only 2 bruises from where the seatbelt held me in so well, I'd say it's pretty safe. Ask Dinkus for further safety testimonials... :-)

yup, having seen just how little damage J-DUB suffered compared with the MKIII golf that pulled out in front of me (completely mangled the whole passenger side so badly the doors wouldn't open, the floor bent and the seat frame distorted on the golf, J-DUB needed new front wishbone, steering rack, hub and front wing!) I'll be sticking with Corrados for a while longer yet until I can get myself a seam welded, roll-caged car that uses whatever I hit as a crumple-zone ;) :twisted:

lol. have to wait a month for the MOT but might just run it into the ground. Only has to last 6 months and then its paid for :)