Sign in to follow this  
MNuTz

New paint job

Lo all,

ive just finished talking to a couple of mates about the C and ive decided to get a total respray done.

Its currently red but i'd like to go for Candy apple Red like this car

Candy_Apple_Red_Sedan_of_Jim_Percy.jpg

What are your opinions?

Ive also thought about a dark purple colour, maybe a black base coat with metallic purple over the top.

Would this look ok or too "in your face" for a C?

Very nice colour. Not too unlike one of the standard colours actually. Forget the name.

very nice, i bet that photo doesnt do the colour justice at all. out of interest is it a 'Kandy' colour or is it just called 'candy apple red'?

I believe its a Kandy red, you spray it over a yellow base cost for the sort of effect that you get above!

As far as im aware the Kandy red over yellow is just known as candy apple red! this bike frame is the best example of the colour!

http://www.cccycles.com/redframe.html

Lo all,

ive just finished talking to a couple of mates about the C and ive decided to get a total respray done.

Its currently red but i'd like to go for Candy apple Red like this car

What are your opinions?

Ive also thought about a dark purple colour, maybe a black base coat with metallic purple over the top.

Would this look ok or too "in your face" for a C?

Candy is cool. But mega expensive and very hard to do. Go to a bodyshop with experience of candy paints.

i was hoping it was a Kandy colour, I saw a Kandy orange model T ford custom car type thing a few years ago and nothings equalled the depth and shine on that thing! get it done!

Ive been doing a little research into it and a couple of mates have offered their services for free. They want to learn to use Kandy colours and need a car to practice on. My car + i buy the paint and they'll do the whole thing for me, if it goes wrong they'll do a complete respray in another colour for free inc paint!

They've got loads of experience so it should work out well.

Im also looking at experienced spray shops, will keep this thread updated! :)