Sign in to follow this  
Andy Brookes

Recommend 17cm components for my new Audioscape Pods

Hi All,

Just snapped up some Audioscape Pods on ebay for £99, suprised I was the only bidder!

Anyway I need to fill them. I have in the Garage waiting to go in a Sony MD head unit, Alpine 4 Channel V12 and a pair of JBL 6x9's in a rear shelf.

So just need some front speakers, can anyone recommend a good set of components for the front. Want to stay a fairly sensible budget of £100 quid.

Thanks Andy

Always Focal for my money i've got 6" Kevlar items with x-overs and tweeters, the sound is critically crisp and mid bass is impressively clear

You weren't the only watcher but i got home as the item ended, i was spitting feathers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

I am very happy with the infinity components that I have had in the past. I had 17cm a previous goof, and in the raddo I have just recently installed a 13cm set in the std early door cards.

I have only ever powered my components with an amp, not sure what your plans are, but i woudnt have thought any speaker would sound that great off the head unit.

Well, I'm a Focal fan, but Rainbow (German) are pretty impressive too. Might be worth checking them out. Focals start at about £139.99 and Rainbow start at around £150, and to be fair I've heard both entry level speakers and the Rainbow are I think better. Focal's range go up to around £560 for a set currently and Rainbow range goes up to around £4000 IIRC.

Depending on budget, but for £150 the Rainbows would be my choice!

(P.S. I'm not biased cos I've got Focal in mine!)

i would go for the focals too they give a nice smooth yet crisp treble unlike some others that can be quite harsh and scratchy

i have focal jm labs at home too for my surround system and the drivers are very similar in design with the same warm sound

but arent focal french!!!

All the best speakers are European!

Scanspeak, SEAS, Focal, Audax, Rainbow, DynAudio to name but a few!

but arent focal french!!!

All the best speakers are European!

Scanspeak, SEAS, Focal, Audax, Rainbow, DynAudio to name but a few!

You're not wrong Kev

I've heard SEAS stuff curtosy of Kev and Audioscape, and they are very good, but not exactly your budget speaker

Kicker components are/were very good but they do two types reference and impulse IIRC.

i've been running impulse 5 inch for over 5 years and they still sound crisp.

Yeah I've got a pair of Kickers, they're quite stylish and hard wearing for work I find.

Have you taken a new job as a clown then?

Yeah I've got a pair of Kickers, they're quite stylish and hard wearing for work I find.

Have you taken a new job as a clown then?

aah!! hence the new car :wink: