Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

What to do??!!

Right heres my dilema ive got the g60 c i really like it and my plan is to restore it to mint with sensible oem+ mods obviously thats gonna cost a lot. i want to keep it for a long time and use it at weekends to preserve it when its finished and get a fun daily driver like a boxster or s2000. but ive seen a few storms on the market which ive always hankered after. should i sell the c as it is put some more money in and get a storm to keep, or stick with the g60 which if im honest i prefer the engine and if i buy a mint vr6 i wont be able to give it a personal touch as they are far more desirable as standard. i guess at the minute im just loosing a bit of patience with the g60 as there is so many niggly problems i wonder if ill ever get it to a stage i will be happy with it what would you guys do? im in no rush to finish the car at all. :?

as you say you probably would regret modding a storm, if it was a standard VR6 then you'd probably be better for modding and adding them personal touches.

i recently got a G60 myself and those niggly little problems dont ever seem to go away even if it was mint.

if you think you can get a good swap for a VR that might be good? it really depends what your going to do to it i guess :D

if i was to get a vr id have to charge it! ive got til september really then some money becomes available to get a vr or spend a wedge on the g60

I truly believe that every Corrado will have niggly little things that will annoy you. I constantly have a list of things to do/fix on mine. Therefore I'd say stick with the G60 and use the extra money you may have to improve it. Even after buying a new car, theres probably initial changes youd want to make that would cost a fair bit... Its a question of sensible vs want...

I truly believe that every Corrado will have niggly little things that will annoy you.

i think your right the g60 despite its niggly bits is still nicer than any other car ive driven!

If I were you, I'd stick with the G60.... :wink:

I'll be keeping mine & wouldn't even consider swapping it for ANY of the other Corrado models.... :mrgreen:

id keep the g60as its much easier to tune or the other alternative is buy a valver and fit the 20v turbo engine and bigger brakes :?:

its a fact that cars cost you money and by changing you WILL lose some money... Keep the G60 and once you have it running the way you want it (with some niggles of course ;) ) you will not look back

when i had 2nd thoughts and wondered about changing to a VR6 (my original choice), friends put the sense back into me by saying 'you already have a Corrado - stop wishing for another one...'. Eventually i seen the sense and after sorting things I'm happy and like Steve above wouldn't change it to any other type :)

mate I'd keep the G60

i think your right guys went for a drive today windows down sunroof open their aint no sound like a g-lader whining its balls off!!

AMEN!

and now ive had three solid days of great drives in the c!! did someone say niggly problems? nah never noticed any!! :D