Sign in to follow this  
capnahab

My New Longlife Exhaust

Following on from Rich's Powerflow zaust thread on CGTI, I was spurned on to go and get mine taken off and thrown in the bin, to be replaced by:

DSC00471.JPG

DSC00474.JPG

DSC00477.JPG

He did indeed. Did a fantastic job. I also asked him about his trip down to you for his set up, and he was very pleased, so i'll be popping down sometime soon

System cost me £320

He did indeed. Did a fantastic job. I also asked him about his trip down to you for his set up, and he was very pleased, so i'll be popping down sometime soon

System cost me £320

well... cross my palm with ££ notes and ill set it up at gareth's place.. im coming to see "christian the pipe" soon myself with one of our project cars.. :lol:

yep flexi attachment from the manifold, everything.

I was well impressed, it wasn't just slapped on and 'give us your cash'. You can see by the tailpipe, some places would have just slung a big rubber on it and left it at that, but its been done properly

well... cross my palm with ££ notes and ill set it up at gareth's place.. im coming to see "christian the pipe" soon myself with one of our project cars..

Exellent news! Car is pretty much part of the furniture at Dubusiness, and it would save a hell of a lot of cash if you could do it in Taffs Well. When you get a date set with Gareth, gimme a shout, ££ waiting to cross palms

nice m8 8)

what does it sound like?

i ask because just removing the cat on mine made it plenty loud enough and burbly!

neil.

I asked for a mild tone, as you won't hear much over the din of the charger anyway. A loud one would serve only to infuriate the neighbours even more. But g60's exhaust gasses are hotter than hell anyway, so its still as loud as the last one. I like it :)

Yep whatever you want, they'll make. They showed me what they had in stock, so I chose that one. Its also very similar to one i've seen on a silver rado with polished TT 5 spokes, so I had to have it.

hmm was thinking of getting a magnex or milltek but for that price i will probably go for one of these, did they have a standard style oval?

are there certain fitting cetres that are more recommended than others?

i think the flexi section of mine may have started blowing so if that is included i may have to get one very soon, what sort of design are they using for the flexi's?

If you have an unusuall car longlife are the sorta thing you need...due to the fact that they custom make for you....i went there to get a quote for an exhaust for my 8v cos theres not many companies that supply exhausts for 8v corrados but to be honest...hate to say it but ive heard that longlife use really cheapo steel (( hence the prices )) anyone else heard good things about them because i was severly put off by alot of people moaning about them??...have to say..it does look like its been installed properly and the tailpipe looks cool too! 8)

Exhaust looks wicked

I had a bit of a horror story with longlife to cut a long story short had to take car back four times with a variety of minor faults but now it is sorted I am really pleased with it.

Sounds great, looks good since it has been properly sorted.

I've been ringing rounf for pipes, VW £300 + +, Magnex somewhere where I had to tell them of the make to look up £350 Supplied & fitted or Longlife £369 made for car and guaranteed etc etc.

Am all confused as to what to do with VR6 Storm. Keep original or S/S exhust etc etc.

Any advise welcome.

Just had my new full system done by Blueflame in Wigan.

Quality job would highly recomend then and fully guaranteed.

12 months ago had a well known company in Sheffield build 1

had 2 go back numerous times never actually sorted

problems, like you said some just throw them on.

But alls good now!!!!