Sign in to follow this  
Rawhide

Corrado vs Honda S2000..

Me too! It's my weapon of choice for humbling just about any car on the road.

until you get to a corner . . . and the tatty old black corrado wooshes off into the sunset ;)

until you get to a corner . . . and the tatty old black corrado wooshes off into the sunset ;)

Which is where a supermoto comes in.. humbles R1's and Corrados and S2000s in the corners (but sadly not on the straight bits..) :lol:

Anyway - I've driven high reving engines and lazy V6's and I think on the whole I prefer the experience of having to be more involved. It's more rewarding. I've not driven an S2000 yet but hope its' all I've built it up to be. I've never had a RWD car before either so I can learn new skills.

For me the corrado was a car that could be driven fast VERY easily though. Also it's milemunching abilty is better than almost any car I've driven before. I will defintely miss it :(

Been looking trough the s2000 forum and two engines have blown in the last week! one of them was under 65K and they seem to be pretty standard factory engines with fsh and good careful owners. :shock: :shock: :shock:

There all Crappin themselves :lol:

Which is where a supermoto comes in.. humbles R1's and Corrados and S2000s in the corners (but sadly not on the straight bits..) :lol:

Anyway - I've driven high reving engines and lazy V6's and I think on the whole I prefer the experience of having to be more involved. It's more rewarding. I've not driven an S2000 yet but hope its' all I've built it up to be. I've never had a RWD car before either so I can learn new skills.

For me the corrado was a car that could be driven fast VERY easily though. Also it's milemunching abilty is better than almost any car I've driven before. I will defintely miss it :(

There are few cars, or other types of bike, on the road that could touch a modern litre capacity sports-bike on the straights or the bendy bits - this includes supermoto. They are, simply, awesome. The supermoto might have the edge around the town, but the tatty black Corrado would get wasted everywhere!

So...back to the S2000 discussion then...

totally agree with you there bc

eg fully kitted out mk2 syncro with 1.8T 230bhp engine slicks etc timed at 1:49 around croft on saturday.

My mate on his bog standard fireblade (only owned for 2 weeks), first lap 1:37. on the road the difference increases considerably. You are fooling yourself if you think you can come anywhere near a litre class sportsbike - or a 600 for that matter.

Anyways I would go for the s2000 over the bm diesel everytime simply because the BM is a diesel. They may be fast but they are not performance cars.

His bike- it's a type of motorbike and very capable on some roads. I did, however see a review on 5th gear I think where they managed to find a car (super) that actually beat a superbike, but I guess the laws of physics state that you will have to go to great lengths to make a car quicker, particularly on a straight.

If it was just for weekends I would definitley get an s2k, but for every day use a 330d.

I think that was an Atom samm, it beat the bike around the track but its hardly something you could use on the road day to day, though i suppose many bike owners have them as a weekend 'toy' which the Atom would be ideal for. tenuous link back to the topic...that Atom was powered by a supercharged VTEC from a CTR

Reg was L765 RNV, and was in Ice Grey Violet.

Apparently it's still registered, with the last owner change on September 29th, 2002. Come on...any takers?

Thats about 2 months after I traded it in.

that Atom was powered by a supercharged VTEC from a CTR

Yeah that's what I'm talking about..... if that engine was in the S2000, it would be quite a machine, and easier to drive at moderate speeds for lazy bastids like me.

I never really liked that scaffolding car.....but like what it can do though.

Bikes n cars - yeah that debate is an emotive one and best left for another day.

my boss has a honda crx, 1600 vtec

a capable engine, but you seem to have to wring the power out of it.

that s2000 no doubt goes like the clappers, but is the max power locked away up at cam-bending revs?

oh btw the bikes i beat in my corrado, have 3 speeds and a step-thru design ;)

You mean a Sturmey Archer? LOL! See....bikes had proper sequential gearing long before cars!

Yes, the S2000 is at it's best past 6000rpm like the other VTECs....although it does have a lot more power than the 'lesser' engines.

The gearing is quite short (6 slot) so it feels relatively perky from a standing start but plant the throttle in any of the mid gears under 6000rpm and not a lot happens to be honest....well, that's what I found anyway.

call me picky but i likes me power lower down.

the grunt of the vr6 has spoiled me in that way.

lol at sturmey archer!

i race grifters and win . . .

I you like lazy driving, then I agree, torque is for you.

If you like to 'drive' a car, faster progress is most likely to come at the top of a rev range.

With the S2000, its a great feeling to drop it a cog or two, and then watch the revs rise to 9k to make some swift progress.

And whats all this comparing it to a 330D???

I you like lazy driving, then I agree, torque is for you.

If you like to 'drive' a car, faster progress is most likely to come at the top of a rev range.

With the S2000, its a great feeling to drop it a cog or two, and then watch the revs rise to 9k to make some swift progress.

And whats all this comparing it to a 330D???

Yep, horses for course as mentioned earlier. I used to be into all that dropping it and thraping it nonsense, but it takes too much concentration these days as there's so much traffic about. Point and squirt is my preferred method now.

The 330D no doubt was just thrown into the melting pot as 'torque' was mentioned, of which this car has an abundance of.... but they're not even in the same league imo. The Bimmer is a taxi in Germany, and a penis extension in the UK....and the S2000 is proper sports car, so there's no comparison.

Haven't tried the s2k yeat but have tried the CTR and more recently a Celica 190. The celica looks nice from the front but wasn't really liking it's frumpy behind! lol. Have to agree, not a lot happens when you rev it, sounds a bit sporty but would sound more like a lawn mower next to my VR on song- a little harsh but you get the picture. I think unless an s2k is modified to say 270bhp- n/a or FI it won't really feel very special. IMO high reving engines are better suited to bikes.

GTFCTIM, quick question but how do I post on the S2ki forum? Do I need to pay? I only want to PM someone who has a car for sale. I've emailed the mods but no responce yet..

Thanks!

What was the Celica 190 like mate? I often drive past them but they never seem to want to play. I've heard Toyota's VVTi is really bad for low end torque, could this be the reason why they don't bother with Corrado VR6s?

yep, as mentioned I have tried the CTR which I actually liked but this Celica was pretty gutless, even the owner admits, you have to rag the nuts off to make it shift. The interior is a bit plasticky too, the seats are quite nice but it doesn't have the quality feel of a nice VR, the dash board is also quite elongated and plasticky, but it does have a decent 6 speed gearbox.. it needs it tho!!! lol

Ah sorry, I thought you were talking about the CTR!

Well that probably explains why VVTis are always seen in the inside lane at 70mph, praying they don't run into a head wind! LOL!

seems to be the case with alot of jap and euro cars, none seem to have any torque at all, my g60 in its ill-running state is still more than a match for just about anything i've come across so far, including saxo,106's,celica's, mr2's a whole host of audi's volvo's and saabs, without torque they just seem to slip further behind

GTFCTIM, quick question but how do I post on the S2ki forum? Do I need to pay? I only want to PM someone who has a car for sale. I've emailed the mods but no responce yet..

Thanks!

Rawhide, to post on the S2ki forum, you only need to register, not pay.