Sign in to follow this  
andrewdowd

Charger Rebuild

Considering getting my charger Rebuilt but not sure where is best to send it, Jabbasport is £499 for a stage 4 conversion or G-werks at £370 for a standard rebuild. anyone else know what is best and from where? i'll be looking to fit a 68mm pulley and chip sometime after its rebuilt, already have a piper fast road cam in there so should pull nicely :)

Well mines at g-werks just waiting to get it back, went with them as they seemd the most resonable price wise and everyone on forum raves about them.

Another vote for G-Werks, as I did bother driving all the way down (3-hour trip single way) just to watch the rebuild and have lots of techie and other entertaining talk with the boys from G-Werks and PSD.

On the way home I immediately noticed the improved pull even though I was taking it easy on the throttle and the revs :-)

Tempest

ive had dealings with jabba a few times , im not really impressed with their attitude or customer service and the stg 4 gas flowing is little more than a quick tickle up

i must admit it has always made good boost, but next time i'll either tackle it myself or try to pitstop

I've used Jabba in the past, and having seen the quality of their bearings and heard their policy on only replacing bearings "if they appear to need changing" rather than changing 'em all during the rebuild, I won't be going back to them...

Any chargers I have done in the future will either be visiting Darren (G-man) at G-Werks or John (16VG60) at JMR... 8)

ive had dealings with jabba a few times , im not really impressed with their attitude or customer service and the stg 4 gas flowing is little more than a quick tickle up

i must admit it has always made good boost, but next time i'll either tackle it myself or try to pitstop

My feelings are similar here. I've had some work done by Jabba, can't really fault what I had done, but it did feel very much like I was in & out as quick as possible. Felt like I was hassling them if I was asking a question. Wasn't that impressed with their attitude.

My Stage 4 charger was originally from Jabba purchased by a previous owner. I've heard things similar to what Steveo29 said

I took mine to G-Werks for it's rebuild. Darren said my charger was one of the better ones that he'd seen come out of Jabba - which was nice!!!

Can't fault G-Werks. Top quality work & customer services. Well worth the travelling!

g-werks for me, sorted my charger out after a blocked oil feed, friendly personal service and reasonable price.

i have heard jabba have lost interest in g-laders and prefer to do turbo conversions????

i also read somewhere that someone marked the internals of their charger with a marker pen before a service and porting and when they got it back from jabba there had been no porting to the charger as the marker pen was still present

To be fair to Jabba, the charger on my G60 was worked on by them and up until the day (at least) I handed it over, it was still pumping out enough boost and running fine :)

And I believe they are trying to refresh their interest in the G60 market what with turbo conversions and FMIC's...

my charger is at G-Werks as we speek, can't fault him. he is pulling out all the stops to make sure i get it back for Thursday so i can go on holiday in it on friday after TNT let me down on the delivery.

he is even chucking in a new oil feed line, some thing jabba didn't replace when it was s4'd, so far i feel like a proper valued customer.

top marks Darren

G-werks!! It was worth every minute of the 7 hour round trip. Plus Darren gets to scare the sh1t out off you on the test drive!!

Was at the dealers yesterday picking something up. Asked how much a brand new charger was, just out of interest...... £2389 !!!! WTF?

Yeah.. no contest really. New, "been sitting in a warehouse going dusty for a few years and will probably blow up in 12 months charger from a dealer" for that much or a brand new & totally refurbed one from g-werks for just under £1000... tough choice ;)

Well im totally sold, i know where i will be heading when i get mine rebuilt.

Better start sellin a few pizzas.

"anything with tits or tyres is going to be trouble" SO SO TRUE

Vote -- G Werks too excellent customer satisfaction and you get to have a ride if the cup car if you be a good boy :lol: still feeling the G's in my neck after 2 days haha

Wish i'd heard of this forum before i got my charger re-built at Jabba cos i defo would of gone to G-werks. Although my S4 charger hasn't been a problem (yet) it seems that Darren is a real enthusiast, knows what he's talking about, always helpful on here and other forums and has a better reputation. Will be taking it there for health check and toothed belt kit when i can afford it......

I had a stage 4,chip&68mm pulley and an induction kit done by jabba on the 18/4/05.i was very pleased with the sevice and the power gains untill i joined the forum and heared all you guys recomending g werks,hope ive got nothing to worry about.

I wouldn't go back to Jabba - even if they paid me for the privelidge of servicing my charger. My problems with them are well documented on this forum.

I'm currently running a JMR stage 5 rebuilt charger & it boosts very very well. I would fully reccommend either JMR or G-Werks for charger rebuilds.