Sign in to follow this  
Reggit

How to remove roof trims

How do the room trims come off?

I have an interior water leak on the rear passenger side of the car, it drips onto the seat belt reel. I initially thought it was the window seal that had failed, but I've had that refitted.

Can only guess that there is a bad panel joint somewhere, I assume the body panels (roof - rear quarter) join under the roof trim strips. Therefore I ned to remove it to have a look, and then refit.

Any advice welcome.

You'll probably find it's something like the suroof drainage tubes that are blocked or something causing the rain water to overflow off of the sunroof mechanism. If it's a bad panel joint around that area I would be seriously concerened as they should be all nicely welded and sealed!

theres a *ahem* nipple under the front of each strip, roughly 1" from the front edge, pull the strip forwards slightly then up and it should come free, then carefully pull the strip up and out working along its length (dont bend it!!) at the back it just sides forwards out of the plastic bit where the boot hinge is.

There wasn't anything nasty lurking under the trims (phew!), next to find the rear sunroof drain channels.

i think they come out behind the bumper at the sides, i used an electricians pull wire to clear the channels out and an air line to make sure they where completely clear