Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

NEED PICS ASAP -T4 Transporter or Merc Sprinter Wing Vents

Hey all,

I'm thinking of getting one of these grafted into my front wing while the C is in the bodyshop getting the dents taken out of the side. Does anyone have any pics at all of these vents in place in their front wings so I can show the bodyshop exactly what I want done ? The car goes in tomorrow morning so this is a bit of a long shot at this late stage, but here's hoping :D

Much appreciated

Hey all,

Still looking for a pic (or a few if possible) of Corrado drivers side (offside) wings that have been fitted with VW T4 Transporter wing vent ? Has anyone on the forum got one fitted to their C or have a pic of one they could post or email me ?

Cheers

I have a Class C motorhome based on a 2003 VR van chassis and it has these vents. I'll try to take a pic tonight.

tho i'm sure i've seen a better job where the second slat of metal was the swage line of the wing. took the vent downa bit lower and made it look a bit more OE

Where can one purchase a Merc Sprinter Wing Vents which I am assuming is the one on the Corrado above? I am in the US and this mod is few and far between and not a lot of people here have information on this body mod.

I would also like to have one molded onto my C, but I have not found anywhere to purchase one.

One would need to pay a visit to ones nearest scrap/junk yard and search for said Merc sprinter. Upon finding - one would then cut the vent out and then ask ones freindly bodyshop to perfectly fit it to ones wing init...

Could be a problem if you don't have the Sprinter in the states... if thats the case then start contacting UK yard and ask them to send you one 8)

you can buy the vents that you just cut and reweld into your wing,or theres a company coulled cool lourvers or something like that,that will press a vent into your existing wing..you have to take it off the car of course

Thanks a bunch for all the advice and the help.

I will be in Oxford for a month in July and would like to possibly look for the vent while I am there. I am doing a little traveling but will be working mostly.

The vent posted in the picture below is the vent that I am looking for (Thanks for the pic dubster82). Looking at the Transporter one, it only seems to have 4 vents and not 5 as pictured. What vent is this and where does it come from?

supercharged_corrado_1.jpg

Thanks again 8)

Think you can get sprinter 1s from http://www.venommotorsport.com

I have looked at Venom and they have 2 options available, the sprinter and the transprter. After calling them I could not get the full scoop, but it may be that the transporter one that they have pictured on the site and the actual vent that you get may be slightly different in the number of actual slits. Pictured with 4 slits and when you get the part it has 5 as pictured above. I will find out when I get there.

****On a side note: Flusted, LOVE the headlights!!!***** :shock: They have been posted with the crappy pic from TM Tuning on other boards, but this is the first time I have seen them on a car. 8)