Sign in to follow this  
StuartFZR400

Alloy Wheel Cleaner

ive used wonder wheels,it is a tried and tested product and was vited no1 wheel cleaner loads of times,as with all cleaning products,if you follow the instructions then you wont cause any damage

Autoglym wheel cleaner, but dilute it 2 to one in another container. It comes in a spray so is easier to use than Wonder Wheels. Very good value at Asda for £5 / 2.

Been using Hope Sh!t Shifter lately, another MTB product and it's the best thing I've ever used:

From the website:

http://www.hopetech.com/products/products_index.htm

"Many cleaning products contain silicon, polish or other additives which have a detrimental effect on disc brakes. Problems caused range from squealing to total loss of power. We realised that the only way to stop these problems would be to produce our own range of cleaners.

Sh1t Shifter is the first of these products. It is a bike wash which has been specially formulated to be safe for use on disc brakes, anodising and painted surfaces.

It is available in 1 litre containers, all supplied with trigger sprays and of course comes in Hope green."

Sh1t_Shifter.gif

HOPE sh!t shifter, LOL! Someone is clearly a mountain bike fan? I use that on my Hope disc brakes on my Orange MTB :-) Good for chains too.

I've noticed a trend for bike cleaners, such as Muc off et al to move into the automotive cleaning industry.

Agreed on the Wonder wheels etc, it can, overtime eat the laquer away as it's basically diluted sulphuric acid. Any product that recommends the use of rubber gloves during application is an indication of it's harshness.

Ever since I've had my rims powder coated and treated with Swissol Autobahn wheel wax, all that's required is a wipe off with cold water and a micro fibre cloth. No soap needed at all.

wonder wheels also smells like a eggy fart..... jus keep ya wheels well waxed and the sh1t comes off with even the softeset car wash like zymol

some wheels are just too much hassle to wax, the eggy smell is the sulphur, and wonder wheels is too expensive to use on a regular basis

i do find since fitting pagid frp's the wheels and calipers are really dirty and only wonder wheels cleans them

on my bike the best thing to use is wd40 , you could never just wash chain wax/lube off

GIX - I use GUNK on the bike to get all oily stuff off. But as I hope you know you cannot let it get into contact with rubber, so what i do is leave the hose running on the drive and dampen the tyre wall. However Im not going to use GUNK on the car wheels.

My multispoke BBS are a pain to clean & polish. However, I still have to agree with people above - PREVENTION is THE KEY

ps - you going to the NEC Bike Show? Bring your license as theres loads to do this year.

StuartFZR400, muc off is good on the bike, but next time you need to clean the back wheel (white on the gix) try some wd40 on a rag, works superb

i polished mine when i first put them on over a year ago now and i just use merr wheel cleaner, they come clean really easy.

I use Comma wheel acid, Spray it on, Leave it for around 5 mins, Give any heavy deposits of brake dust a scrub with the included brush and jetwash off!!

Shiny wheels again!!

ive used that it comes in the silver box, i found that really good, but the merr is cheaper and i didnt need brush and that what comes with the comma.