Sign in to follow this  
V3DUB

G60 Wheel Sizes/ Axle Mod idea

im looking for some wheels for my G60, i know that vr6 and G60's use different offsets. What is the widest wheel i can get on my G60 in 17" and the lowest offset.

Furki's running 7.5 front and 9 rear on 16" and they look the business... Not sure of the offsets though, maybe send him a PM?

Im going to be fitting wider rear wheels than front, how about when the rear stub axle is removed it uncovers a flat plate with four holes for bolts. If i got this sawn off and some of the axle cut back and the flat plate professionally welded again would this be ok, i dont want to widen the arches too much.

the stub axle is slightly conical and is a single piece of metal.... cutting it and welding it will make it MUCH weaker than normal and will also mean that your rear hubs won't fit on anymore as the bearings won't have enough stub to fit onto... :| Not a good idea... :|

I know what you mean because I have adjusted this on my Golf, to make the axel wider (2 inch wider)

It would have to be jig aligned or your tracking/ camber on the rear wheels would be a mess and you would rip through tires!

Just get some wheels with the right off set!

Is what you really want is a brand new VR6 rear axle and stubs.

Ooh look, I've got one for sale :D

Henny, What i meant is not to even touch the stub axle but the mounting plate that sits behind it move that a little further back.