Sign in to follow this  
allill

porsche wheels on a corrado

i've seen porsche wheels on a corrado and am wondering if these (turbo twist) are actual oem from porsche or aftermarket wheels with corrado fitments? if they are oem, what do i need to do to fit them?

Porsche OEM turbo rims cost an arm and a leg and you'd need two sets of front wheels as obviously Porsche run 9 or 10s at the rear.

With two sets of 8 fronts, you'll then need H&R adapters to convert 5x100 (or 4x100) to 5x130.

Mille Miglia do some copies which work out a lot cheaper, still need the adaptors though.

Porsche rotors and calipers - They're Brembos so the usual clearance issues that go with fitting those to a VW also apply here. The Porsche floating discs cost a bomb too, so you'd be better off with some OE fitment Brembos/discs....such as those fitted to Seat Leons and Ibizas, if you got those over there?

Mille Miglia have stopped doing the replicas from what I hear, when I was trying to find somewhere local to source a set I was told by one company they beleived Mille Miglia was on lits last legs as they're producing very little stock, and have cut their range right back. how true that is i dont know, but the guy spoke to MM for me and was told they werent doing any porsche replicas anymore.

I spoke to the UK Sales Manager of Millie Miglia and they are far from on there last legs, however the forge no spends most of the time producing alloys for the car manufacturers like toyota and have less time to produce aftermarket wheels

Is there a limit on the power that you can run with these adaptors? Someone told me that anything over 200 bhp is risky.........or is that just a myth?

Cheers

Tom

Is there a limit on the power that you can run with these adaptors? Someone told me that anything over 200 bhp is risky.........or is that just a myth?

Cheers

Tom

I have adapters for my Porsche splits and I have 360bhp??? Mind you the rear ones are steel.

Been running over 200bhp on mine no problem!

I could see a potential issue with the nutserts coming out of alloy adapters, but it's highly unlikely if they're TUV approved. Steel ones, no problem.

Cheers

Tom

I have adapters for my Porsche splits and I have 360bhp??? Mind you the rear ones are steel.

biggerbigben, if you have porsche brakes, why do you need adapters? also, which porsche brakes do you have on the c and how hard were they to fit? i am thinking about upgrading my 993 to big reds and if so, i'll have the extra set of 4 piston brembos as well as a set of 17" cups once i get some rims. nice car btw.

i also had 1" h&r studded adapters on my 1992 gmc typhoon (rear only- the rears on those are narrower than the front) & had no problems. then again, the damn thing got stolen so maybe the jackass that took it did. lol.

man, you guys have some crazy c cars! when i benched mine 10 years ago i thought i had it almost done, now i'm starting from square one!

biggerbigben, if you have porsche brakes, why do you need adapters? also, which porsche brakes do you have on the c and how hard were they to fit? i am thinking about upgrading my 993 to big reds and if so, i'll have the extra set of 4 piston brembos as well as a set of 17" cups once i get some rims. nice car btw.

I'm using Porsche Boxster S Calipers on standard corrado hubs and carriers with Porsche 4x100 to 5x130 adapters which have been specially made for the offset of the wheels, thus they double as spacers. Didn't want the extra hassle of changing the hubs etc... Also if I want to change my wheels in the future I can go back to 4x100 ones or possibly 5x100...