Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

noisy sunroof

has any one else got a problem with their sunroof being noisy! how did you sort it ? it seems to be the tilt section cover. Its quite irritating!

Can anyone help!

CHEERS!!!!!

kinda.. if you mean the wind deflector I'd try giving it a spray of white grease - it's what I've done to mine and haven't (touch wood) had any problems...

I did a long motorway journey over the weekend, and my sunroof is bl**dy noisy at anything over 70 mph, when the sunroof is closed.

It really got on my tits after 6 hours....

Mine doesn't leak or anything, and it tilts and slides fine, there is just stacks of wind noise through the roof when the sunroof is closed.

Any ideas anybody?

I think Dick Dale is trying to say the roof panel is rattling. Very common thing that and from what I can work out, it's the guide channels that the little chrome 'fingers' slot into to lift the panel are worn out. No amount felt etc seems to stop it.

Excessive wind noise is an outer roof alignment issue and the precise alignment specs are covered in the Bentley manual, but from memory, the rear of the roof needs to be 1mm below roof line when parked?