Sign in to follow this  
Neil L.

These rear lights?

What do u think of these? I'm after M3 style but not sure to go for Inpro's, FK's or these. They are similar price! My car is a blackberry VR.

I had fk red/smoked on my valver, unless they changed the design the pastic surround is actually chrome rather than black as it appears in that photo, although I guess it could be painted to remove some of the 'bling'. FK's are also E marked, so road legal, if you're worried about that sort of thing!

don't know if they've changed but FK's used to come in e or non e marked, so worth checking.

it'd be wirth checking if Tempest is planning another group buy on in-pro's before getting them, prices were very good on the last one, where i got mine.

Early FKs were not emarked and illegal,later one are i believe. but they are basically the same

got both FK and In-pros on my Corrados, one set of fully smoked and one set of smoked M3 style... BOTH sets needed some slight wiring adjustments due to having clear indicator lenses so they required the adaptor having male spade terminals crimped on so that they could be plugged into the existing wiring connector on the car...

If they're OE then they'l be HELLA and won't have been made in Taiwan... Tread carefully... :?

be carefull of the early rear lights as some were prone to leaking,mine have gone green around the seals

U all seem to think that these are FK's? Why? Am i missing something? The supplier said they were O/E equipo and E marked and fully legal!

got both FK and In-pros on my Corrados, one set of fully smoked and one set of smoked M3 style... BOTH sets needed some slight wiring adjustments due to having clear indicator lenses so they required the adaptor having male spade terminals crimped on so that they could be plugged into the existing wiring connector on the car...

If they're OE then they'l be HELLA and won't have been made in Taiwan... Tread carefully... :?

Henny I managed to fit my FK's without any mods. Managed to get the light cluster from the old lights to fit into the new FK's just they had no clip but a secure fit all the same just final securing with a bit of ever useful Gaffa Tape!!!!!

U all seem to think that these are FK's? Why? Am i missing something? The supplier said they were O/E equipo and E marked and fully legal!

VW/Hella have never made those lights for the corrado

The inpro's and FKs only came out about 2 years ago max.

Perhaps its one of those wierd setup where the lights are manufactured in Taiwan (as the supplier said), on behalf of VW or Hella???

Perhaps its one of those wierd setup where the lights are manufactured in Taiwan (as the supplier said), on behalf of VW or Hella???

more likely one of those not so wierd set ups where the retailer is lying or mistaken :roll:

Blue Joe - I managed to get the FKs to fit the original lamp cluster just by cutting out the holes for the clips in the FK lamp. There are actually even moulding marks for where you need to dremel out the holes. So the lamp clusters clip in just like factory, no gaffer tape required! :)

Jay

sanded down the hole slightly on the fk and in pro lights with a file jus so it wasnt so tight and their fine with oem holders

No chance. If they're OE they're Hella.

No-one else gets OE status for Corrado lights.

That said, as long as they don't piss YOU off by e.g. leaking or looking crap, then I doubt any MOT tester is going to pick up on them. (As long as all the lights light up the right colour, who cares?)

Henny I managed to fit my FK's without any mods. Managed to get the light cluster from the old lights to fit into the new FK's just they had no clip but a secure fit all the same just final securing with a bit of ever useful Gaffa Tape!!!!!

Blue_Joe, gaffa tape = modification... :-P

I did the same to my lights when I got them but then decided to use the male spade terminal trick 'cos I didn't like the gaffa tape look... ;)

no, it is not. They are strictly aftermarket made by FK, Inpro and a few others now....another user over on http://www.vwvortex.com named Cullen or "EuroCullen" also sells a set of these that he had personally tooled and built. They are not made from the factory and are NOT OEM. Some sets will requir slight adjustments to make them sit perfectly flush, and be sure to use the lowest wattage bulbs you can find (in my FK set, a bulb actually melted through its plastic holder and effed some stuff in the tail light up....not something an OEM part would do :x ).

Personally, I didn't have to splice any wiring...they connected right to all of my existing wiring and plugged/screwed right in. And once I installed them, I wasn't sorry :D

DSCN8932.sized.jpg