Jim

The definitive "what exhaust?" discussion thread!

ordered from demon tweeks today for next day delivery. couple of quid more for the exhaust but they had quickest postage I could see. Just hope they have no issues fitting it now and it is as standard sounding and looking as people say. I know it will look different but hopefully not too much. Does anyone have any pictures of a Jetex exhaust (oval) fitted to a corrado? Had a search but couldn't find anything.

Photos of Jetex 3-silencer exhaust received yesterday. Car booked in for fitting tomorrow. Also got call from Reuben of Tuning Werkes (Croydon) to ask if exhaust arrived ok - "which was nice."

lol - what do your kids make of you, craigowl? I wish my dad was into Corrado's!!

lol - what do your kids make of you, craigowl? I wish my dad was into Corrado's!!

They think it's just another of their geeky and embarassing dad's interests.

Fitted today. £47 incl VAT. Pretty good, I thought, when you think of the trouble it must be to remove 15-year old original bits. Rather them than me!

Started up warily - no loud noise - came home - highish revs at times with window open - no loud noise - not much different to original - pleased with that!

Nice low frequency burble heard when standing at rear with engine idling. Hopefully can pass in MOT in May now. :eek:

Fitted today. £47 incl VAT. Pretty good, I thought, when you think of the trouble it must be to remove 15-year old original bits. Rather them than me!

Started up warily - no loud noise - came home - highish revs at times with window open - no loud noise - not much different to original - pleased with that!

Nice low frequency burble heard when standing at rear with engine idling. Hopefully can pass in MOT in May now. :eek:

Looks nice mate

Looks nice craigowl. Glad to hear that it doesn't sound much different to original...and looks good on the picture. Think it is £40 fitting for mine and fully agree it is worth paying for.

fitted on Friday. 400 miles done over weekend and more than happy with the noise and look of the 3 box jetex. Near enough OEM but with a bit more grunt and pops on overrun. Was knackered driving home last night but think I heard a bit of a tinny noise which wasn't there so will have a look / listen later. Only at certain revs and potentially could be it slightly tapping something. Any ideas? Nothing can go simple for me I suppose!

Ach, I hope it's just 'cos you are being overfussy, Joey.

Strange that, though, as you seem to be from Liverpool. :eek:

:) :wink:

ay less of that craigwol!

not being fussy...there is definitely a tinny sound which I suppose I will have to go back to the garage with. Just what I needed! It is only at certain parts in the rev range and at certain times...hard to explain. It must be when a certain vibration is reached.

Hi, joey.

Never got over sharing a room with two scousers when I started work at 19! It was 1964 and Merseyside was the centre of the creative universe! :help: :lol:

Bought the Mrs a Stephen Gerrard calendar last year - this year our daughter gave her a Torres one. Love that man Rafa, too, what style, so there! :wink:

Yes, have heard of resonance in things like exhausts. I havent run mine except home from the garage - hope I dont find the same.

Best of luck in solving your niggles - I am sure someone on here will have experience of the buzzing exhaust.

good to see a scouse sympathiser out there! I'm a long time supporter of rafa but I'm starting to lose my rag with him. We'll see what happens if we get new owners anyway.

I'm starting to think the noise may not be the exhaust and something more sinister like tappets or chains. Starting to regret buying the car now!

I'm back to thinking it is one of the heat shields (cat or above rear exhaust) or the exhaust touching something. Need to stop being lazy and have a look but it's hard without proper jacks and stands. Fingers crossed it is just one of them rattling.

Techtonics, 8) . Dont think it will make too much difference but luckily its the same RR and it the only change to the car so it should give a decent comparison.

Ive been running this for a while now and it the best exhaust Ive ever run on a car in terms of noise levels. Just enough to be heard but not overbearing and its a lot deeper than the Magnex I took off. Well worth the money. Would be swapping it onto the VRT if it wasnt going to be restrictive.

been asking about a system for my g60

3 box and a 2 box system

the 3 box is quiet the 2 box is for more performance

how loud is the 2 box system does anybody have one I dont

want something stupidly loud

Ive been running this for a while now and it the best exhaust Ive ever run on a car in terms of noise levels. Just enough to be heard but not overbearing and its a lot deeper than the Magnex I took off. Well worth the money. Would be swapping it onto the VRT if it wasnt going to be restrictive.

Hey Coullstar, thinking of the techtonics system, where's the best place to get it?

I dont think you can get them other than direct from Techtonics the States Im afriad and there not cheap. Mine was 2nd hand from on here.

Depends on your plans for the car. IIRC Jetex is still 2.25in bore so if your planning FI in the future the Techtonics should be better with the 2.5in bore. Looks would come into it as well. I prefer the simple round tailpipe.

Is that parking sensors you have on there mate?

Depends on your plans for the car. IIRC Jetex is still 2.25in bore so if your planning FI in the future the Techtonics should be better with the 2.5in bore. Looks would come into it as well. I prefer the simple round tailpipe.

Jetex are 2.5" bore too - have a look on their website.... I did hear however that the silencers they use narrow down a bit from that, but when I peered down mine using a torch (how sad!! :lol: ) I couldn't see them narrowing :shrug:

Mark