Jim

The definitive "what exhaust?" discussion thread!

A quick question for the Jetex/Simons exhaust owners: What did you do to raise the rear of the final silencer a bit, so it does not hang so low?

And did that help avoiding the clanging on the rear axle?

My car is a M-chassis 1991 G60 born with a longer cat.

also, did you notice the rear silencer tip getting hot? The standard factory does not (or at least less hot).

Cheers,

Redfox.

I bent the hangers on the exhaust down a bit cause mine was nearly pointing towards the floor when I fitted it.it did take a day or two with a tweak here and there to get it hanging solid and clearing everything so it doesn't knock.

Thanks,

Mine seems to have the opposite problem, that being hanging too low. Especially towards the rear end. I tried a few different rubbers, and the original hook, but to np avail.

I Think I need to fabricate another hook or something.

It also seems as if the welded final outlet (with the tip) is welded too low and/or have a slightly wrong angle in comparison to the original one. This then makes the tip bang on the rearfender, while the silencer hangs too low under the floor. I think that is pretty hard to reverse?

Here's a pic of the problem:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62457[/ATTACH]

and here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62461[/ATTACH]

Any ideas are most welcome!

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

If noticed the fitment of jetex has dropped a bit in standards,good system but mines not correct fully correct either but not as bad as yours is. Are you sure you have the correct set? There is two for the g60, mines the earlier one.depending on chassis number you may need earlier or later one,but there is a difference.and its not Cat related either,mine had a cat installed from factory even though its a 1990

Hi and thanks for the answer. Yes I am sure it's the correct set. Bot on sticker and parts. I spoke to my frined who helped me putting it on the other day, and when I return home, we'll try to cut off the rear bracket and change the angle of the whole tip-part to give it some space to raise it. nice looking, and now booming after 150 kilometers, even if it have 3 silencers, but bad made system. Cannot recommend it at all, but don't take my word for it. Others may have a different experience. Just want to show people what they may buy before they do it. I'll post back when it's been done or taken off.

Btw, how fast is your 20vt Corrado?

Cheers,

Redfox.

Hey all, just wondering who uses either Dubpower or Bastuck exhausts and their opinions are on the exhaust note, loudness, fit and performance? Apologies for my laziness in not reading through the entire thread, not sure if this has been covered. Thanks.

Thanks,

Mine seems to have the opposite problem, that being hanging too low. Especially towards the rear end. I tried a few different rubbers, and the original hook, but to np avail.

I Think I need to fabricate another hook or something.

It also seems as if the welded final outlet (with the tip) is welded too low and/or have a slightly wrong angle in comparison to the original one. This then makes the tip bang on the rearfender, while the silencer hangs too low under the floor. I think that is pretty hard to reverse?

Here's a pic of the problem:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62457[/ATTACH]

and here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62461[/ATTACH]

Any ideas are most welcome!

Cheers,

Redfox.

that dont look right at all, it even looks like the tailpipe was welded to the back box at the wrong angle?? i would send the pic to jetex themselves as they are actually very helpfull for a large company

Hi and thanks for the answer. Yes I am sure it's the correct set. Bot on sticker and parts. I spoke to my frined who helped me putting it on the other day, and when I return home, we'll try to cut off the rear bracket and change the angle of the whole tip-part to give it some space to raise it. nice looking, and now booming after 150 kilometers, even if it have 3 silencers, but bad made system. Cannot recommend it at all, but don't take my word for it. Others may have a different experience. Just want to show people what they may buy before they do it. I'll post back when it's been done or taken off.

Btw, how fast is your 20vt Corrado?

Cheers,

Redfox.

here is my youtube video man

Hey all, just wondering who uses either Dubpower or Bastuck exhausts and their opinions are on the exhaust note, loudness, fit and performance? Apologies for my laziness in not reading through the entire thread, not sure if this has been covered. Thanks.

Just had my DUBpower cat back system fitted yesterday morning. It seems a good quality system and was a good fit. Not very loud at all, certainly at tickover or motorway cruising just a little bit throatier when you open the taps, which is what I wanted, done a 220 mile trip already and very happy.

Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for, got a custom system at the moment and to be honest a bit too loud for me, I like the idea that it has some girth when you put your foot down but otherwise pretty quiet. Will have a look into them, thanks for the reply mate!

2.0 8v

Powerflow Catback stainless system £165 fitted brand new

Got exactly what i asked for really not chavvy at all round town just a nice deep note. Then when you tank it opens up and gives a lovely old skool low growl.

2.0 8v

Powerflow Catback stainless system £165 fitted brand new

Got exactly what i asked for really not chavvy at all round town just a nice deep note. Then when you tank it opens up and gives a lovely old skool low growl.

Hi, I'm new here - 1st post!!

Just bought a 94' 2.0 V8 in red on eBay - collecting Saturday (cant wait). It will be my first Corrado after years of perving on them from inferior cars :)

Just wondered where you got your exhaust done as I want to get a few bit done on mine in the coming months to improve performance?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hiya mate good to here your getting your first rado. I remember being very very exited on the moterway going to pick mine up! I got my exhuast dont at a local garage who do performance aswell as M.O.Ts and the usual stuff called Rye motors. Ive got the exhaust and a K&N 57i kit. (you will have to buy one for a mk3 golf gti 8v as no one seems to make one for the rado 8v. also check your maff or you could end up buying thr wrong kit mine is a late 96 8v and has the hitachi mass. But if the engine has been looked after you will be surprised at how much low end grunt the have standard , quite nippy round town :)

Thanks for getting back to me quickly.

Yeah I have a Mr Tyre near me in Leics who apparently fit power flow so think i'll give them a shout (providing the car doesnt blow up on the way back from York!) Defo up for fitting a K&N too. Cant wait to pick her up, been waiting for this moment for years. hearing mixed things about the pace of them though, some say they are sluggish, others nippy.

TOO EXCITED - just want Saturday to come now!

Nah i will be honest with you. There nippy round town but they soon run outa legs on the motorway. The K&N and exhaust dont give much power increase really to be honest they wernt built for mega power the 8v but all round a good realible engine. Im sure you will love it theres a neuspeed chip and piper high lift cam you can buy but apperntly even though the cam adds 10bhp witch i doubt it makes the car quite rough round town always wanting to rev and stuff. When you get it i would just check it over make sure all is fine. Ive had mine about 8 month now so any questions about the 8v giv us a shout mate.

Cheers for the advice! Will have a good checkover once I pick her up on Saturday. A few of the guys on here who are fairly local have offered to cast an eye too, which is just amazing. Im so glad i joined this forum as everyone seems to be so knowledgable when it comes to Rado's.

PEACE

hi all had my raddo just over a year now when i first got it the exhaust was shot there was more rust and holes than exhaust :shrug: i had a hunt round to find what was the best complete system there is so many out there( SPOILT FOR CHOICE) so i went along to Edge perfomance in aldershot and spoke to steve and i explained i wanted some think differant IE exhaust note and some think that does not drown out my charger noise i have a one off exhaust system with a 1980s style audi motor sport tail pipe the complete system cost me £300 thats stainless steel and fitted PROPERLY

Car: G60

Exhaust: Miltek with Cat bypass and Gwerks stainless steel heatwrapped 4 branch manifold

Opinion: Very solid system, fits well, nice deep exhaust note that is not too noisy on motorway, subtle oval tailpipe. Much happier with it over the Scorpion system the car came with

Longlife Leeds have offered to remove the "mid box" for £75 to give me a nice "R32" sound. Anyone had this done? Is this a bit steep for what it is?

Been offerd a magnex system for my vr with a cat by pass pipe. It's a 2 box system will it be loud?? Is it worth having a de cat pipe? Advise please.

Longlife Leeds have offered to remove the "mid box" for £75 to give me a nice "R32" sound. Anyone had this done? Is this a bit steep for what it is?

Is this for an original exhaust? as the mid section (suit case box) and the rear silencer are one piece.

Car: Corrado 1.8 16v Turbo

Exhaust: Full Poweflow system with oval tip £400 fitted (by previous owner)

Opinion: Excellent sound, can easily hear the turbo spooling up but it a little loud on idle! never been pulled over though ;)

Car: Corrado VR6

Exhaust: Custom John Ashley Exhaust, 2.5 inch stainless steel, no Cat, no silencers apart from backbox.

Opinion: Love it, solid exhaust with no knocking or rattling. It sounds perfect and is quite low end but once you open it up the VR6 starts screaming. It also pops flames :cool:

I highly recommend John Ashley