Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Shaggy's Old G60 Rado

Riley! Long time no hear.

D90s look ace on both your cars :)

how do m8! :D

i can smell a design 90 thread a mile away :lol:

mike that car is looking sexy.... and them design 90's look absoluetly spot on, shows that classic designs never go out of fashion

always loved D90s but that colour is amazing!

What colour is it? do you know the paint code?

anymore future plans?

Thanks for the response guys, much appreciated!!

To be honest they wheels looks a million times better than i thought they would look! i wasnt totaly sure about the colour but i think its quite a nice match to the dark bodywork now that they are on, and it looks so much more aggressive! and thats even without the need for a "bad boy" bonnet... :D

always loved D90s but that colour is amazing!

What colour is it? do you know the paint code?

anymore future plans?

Not totaly sure on the paint code, but i was told by "too hot" they where done in an anthracite colour, which when up close looks like a metallic gun metal type colour, looks very understated and minimalistic...

as for future plans, i need to get the roof and quarter panels resprayed at some point as at some time in the past its been done, but who ever has done it ( VW... would you believe) resprayed it without taking the window seals out etc so there are signs of the old paint cracking through in areas, the finish is ok its just a bit annoying. also got an array of bumpers and a tailgate sat in the garage waiting to get sprayed aswell, rear wiper is getting smoothed and i may get the front and rear bumpers smoothed over aswell.

the other area i cant seem to leave alone is the engine bay... :) quite like the look of the G-werks stainless manifolds... 8)

it never ends..

looks very impressive mate. hopefully i will get to see it driving around, i always see you when i am not in mine, typical.

seen yours a few times mate, looks quite nice with the ronal turbos and decked! 8) I usually only see other Corrados when i am not driving mine!! :roll:

Cant really flash and wive whilst i am in my GFs bright green corsa with pink headrests now can i.... :)

Knew they would look good 8)

Should have tried them on mine,just never got round to it :oops: :cry:

Mine is red Vr and the grey looked amazing against it too :!:

Can see grey being the new silver :lol: :lol:

Just fitted my uprated fan! attached with cable ties at the moment! :oops:

Frees up so much space in the bay!

Also changed the gearbox oil , as the gear change was getting very notchy, used some fuchs gear oil (similar to redline) which has transformed it! although this oil was meant for my g60/Vr6 hybrid box thats sat in the garage waiting to be fitted... 8)

DSCF3024.jpg

DSCF3022.jpg

DSCF3023.jpg

mike_g60, that engine bay looks awesome

And those wheels look like they were made for the mini!

Just want to say thanks for sorting out the wheels for us..

whos mini is that?? look 8)

Just want to say thanks for sorting out the wheels for us..

No problem matey! glad to be of help! 8)

They look quite cool on the mini!!

mike_g60, that engine bay looks awesome

And those wheels look like they were made for the mini!

The camera actually makes the bay look better than it does in real life... :D although its still not too bad considering its the first time ive cleaned the engine bay in months...

mike thats a sweet install! is that an uprated fan from darren? looks shiny i like new! also matey you got the full bend charger? what does that do over having it like normal?

whats she pushing now you reckon?

cheers Andy

P.S just looked at your bay again it is uber clean!

mike thats a sweet install! is that an uprated fan from darren? looks shiny i like new! also matey you got the full bend charger? what does that do over having it like normal?

whats she pushing now you reckon?

cheers Andy

P.S just looked at your bay again it is uber clean!

Yeah mate its an uprated fan from G-werks, there is so much more room in the bay now! and the fan works quite nicely aswell.. :)

The full blend charger has AFAIK more porting etc to create slightly more boost and make it more efficient i believe, Darren may have to correct me on that one. buts its about as much as you can do to a charger without it being totally unreliable. it makes around 15.5 psi with the stage 2 P&P cylinder head on it aswell, so its definatley doing its job!

Seems like a very strong charger.... :)

I have no idea whats its kicking out at the moment, still gotta get the final ecu map sorted yet, but i am guessing prob round the 230Bhp + mark i reckon judging from what people have said and other cars with similar mods??

I will have to wait till the RR day to get a base figure on what the engine is producing, with or without the final ecu map.

mike i reckon she's gonna be pushing more than that matey i reckon 240ish!

whats next? bigger bottom end 1940cc??

im gonna stay with G now matey and at this time next year we'll come back and see how we've both got on will be interesting im gonna be goin along some very similiar lines as you just hope other problems dont keep setting me back like they do at the moment!

mike in your engine bay pic what have you replaced the boost pipe with looks like a u bend?

also mate did you have a s.n.s chip in there before the remap?

Yeah maybe more like 240bhp but i dont wanna be too optimistic yet :)

I think i may keep the bottom end pretty much standard altho i am going to start saving my pennies for a cnc head big valve head and maybe make up a 1940cc engine in the garage over the next year or so, which sould keep me occupied for a bit. i am pretty much very happy with the performance at the moment its more than enough for me at this stage.. 8)

the next thing i am hoping to get pretty soon is a stainless manifold, but probably wont do this until late summer maybe, not sure yet.

The u-bend you can see in the pic is the part you need to connect to the G60 intercooler setup, it helps if you find a G60 intercooler that comes with all the pipes and the u-bend as you will need it to make it fit it into the corrado, either that or i think g-werks can now get hold of all the piping you may need to install it.

I had the sns chip before the remap yeah, this was a very good chip the only reason i didnt keep it was because of the mods done to the car, which required a custom chip to suit my specific needs etc.

mike have you still got your s.n.s chip??

when you say to meet your needs for the custom re-map when i get my FMIC, red tops would i just be better getting a custom re-map or a S.N.S?

Im gonna have to really start saving though or get a loan as when i do this i defo think it will be worth getting charger done as she's got 12k on her now since last rebuild!

if its a jabba rebuild then i would seriously consider getting it done soonish, there have been reports of their work not being as good as it used to be.

I havent got the sns anymore, sold that a while ago, sorry.

Your probably best of having a chat with darren again mate, i would have thought your mods would justify a custom chip then again you may get away with an SNS chip??

He might even do you a deal on one of their intercooler setups (similar to Golf FMIC) , red tops, custom map and a charger rebuild all together... :)

it will be a fair bit of money but at least you get piece of mind and ur car will fecking fly! :)

yes mate this is what i was thinking of having piece of mind and trusting your car so you can push it and you know its not going to go bang is good! when i've worked a few things out and fixed a few little silly problems I have now!

i will have a clearer idea of how much i need to spend etc! to get my desired power level cheers for help though matey loving your car its something to aim for where i want my engine by the end of the summer!