Sign in to follow this  
mistrall

power steering belt :) :)

as you may be able to gues by the tittle my power asisted steering belt has just droped off :( - should i drive her? how long and how easy is it to fix ?

will it go fastrer?

many thanks

I think you can drive a Corrado without the PAS belt connected (someone needs to back me up on this one though) but you'll really struggle.. parking will be absolutely impossible as the steering is incredibly heavy! Just get down the stealer and buy new one - cheap and easy to fit!

You need to remove the water pump/alternator belt before you can access the pas belt. It's a bit fiddly, but about an hour's job. What caused it to drop off - did it snap?

I suppose you can drive it, but you will find the steering so heavy at low speed that it will be very dangerous - you simply won't be able to turn the wheel fast enough (unless you have been on steroids for the last few weeks).

Best wishes

RB

lol - ok , wel its parked in a pub carpark at the moment , found the belt on the road it wasnt snaped but had freyed very badly - i will try to get it sorted near the pub , a freind of mine works for vw and recons hew can do it for free if i suply the belt :) - will it go faster without the belt on?

lol.. power steering isn't exactly an enormous power burden. It might seem marginally quicker but you'll be having such a hard time with the steering, you won't even notice.

You DONT need to remove the serpentine belt to access the pas steering belt I ve changed the pas belt in 10 mins before it's easy when you know how

:D

well we went to halfods and got the same belt as the one that fell off - turns out that its the one for the 1.816v and it was 2 short to get on - aggghhh!!!! "pause" then we went back and got the one for the 2ltr but it was miles 2 long , do we have to remove the bottom pully to get the belt on? what do i dooo :( lol

you can drive it without the belt - i have before....

theres a few posts about hwo to easily change the belt - i ended up removing the pulley