Sign in to follow this  
blackcat

Car mods insurance question

I need to know what counts as a modification so I can tell the insurance company. I want to be completely honest with them because I know what they're like and if I had a claim and hadn't declared something they'd try and wriggle out of paying.

Anyway as far as I know, the car has koni adjustable suspension, a K&N induction kit and samco purple coolant hoses. All these need to be declared don't they?

yep...ANYTHING that isnt standard should really be declared...even alloys.

p.s....well done on ur purchase mate.

It has the original speedlines, are they classed as a mod? I thought a mod was something different from manufacturers standard but they came with alloys didn't they?

ps. Thanks! 6 days and counting.....

the konis, k&N, will need to be the solitudes are o.e items but obviously let them know it has "alloys" if it was'nt on the car when it rolled out of the factory tell them about it... well done with the vr after having having two i can honestly say you'll love it, just be careful with the 100+ accelleration, it will catch you out....

eh?...i spose that was misleading..

Speedlines are the original alloys and DO NOT need to be declared.

...ANYTHING that isnt standard should really be declared...even alloys.

meaning..even alloys that arent standard need to be declared.

so as your speedlines were standard on your car...you dont need to declare them. :D

yeah speedlines are standard, sorry just read it myself bit confusing, sos

the only thing your probably dont need to declare is ICE, for instance my directline policy covers up to £1k of ICE so unless your spending ALOT on interior entertainment your usually covered!

but alloys, even grilles bumpers and crap declare!

JT said:

just be careful with the 100+ accelleration, it will catch you out....

Absolutely true - you can start off getting up to 80mph to pass something in front of you on the motorway, and before you know it you are doing 95, then 100mph to pass the next 3 or 4 vehicles so that you can reach a large gap well ahead where you are on your own!

I didnt declare the Samco hoses as they do not enhance the performance and are not likely to be stolen - perhaps, technically, I should have?

Good luck with your car - it looks great for the money.

I had to declare my leather interia that came from a corrado cause it was not in it originaly even though it was an option on the corrado after 5 mins argueing with the girl on the phone i gave up.

Is an airfreshner a mod?