Sign in to follow this  
reaper1_3

Fitted Audi TT seats

Well ive actually managed it, after alot of swearing etc i am now the proud owner of a rado with AudiTT leather seats... Pics to follow!! 8)

Tell us more about whats involved, was thinking about this before I found my OE Recarosj

As promised pics of fitted TT seats.

Fitment wasnt too bad, I had a local engineering firm weld a couple of frames which span between the original rado seat runners. These are bolted onto the TT seat runners at the rear. The fronts are bolted straight into the body either side of the original rado bolting points.

Easy when you have thought about it for weeks!!!.

You will see from the pics the TT seat sits no higher than the original seats although the TT seats are longer in the back than the rados.

Im six foot and with the TT seat I still have plenty of head room. 8)

Top work mate. The best thing is they look factory as it should be!

Another one for the real modders, who wants to just buy seats that plonk straight in! :)

Like the anti rattle block in the sunroof! :)

Jay

Jay that wooden block is actually a stop the sunroof falling in device! carefully crafted until i can be bothered to fix and it stops raining for more than a few hours!!! :D

Look tops IMO, infact i would say better than the original leathers!!!!

But hey everyone seems to like original :roll:

lovely - I had seen a set of TT seats on ebay (wasnt thinking of buying them mind - just browsing (just incase our lass is watch :lol:) ) and looking at them out of the car they looked, well, sort of too big and not very sporty. Seeing them inside a corrado makes a lot of difference - I love them, nice and chunky. well impressed.

looking good mate.. was abt to say Dalj has em in his valver.. look the business..

very nice chap - and a much nicer seat than the other ones on ebay at the moment...... any idea what spec / year car these ones came out of ???

Very nice looking seats! Loving the meaty torso supports.... well done getting them in so neatly.

What about the rear seats? Will they go in OK?

the rear bench goes in fine infact it is exactly the same size as the rado's i havnt looked at the rear backs, they cant be any harder than the front....LOL :D

Looks really good mate... do they still slide back and forward?

Looking forward to seeing the rest of it in 8)

mate, well done. They look fantastic and OEM. Whats the plan for the door and rear 1/4 cards?

Look forward to pics when its all done.

Amit

looking very nice there mate, and they do look better in a corrado than a hair dressers car. may have a look on the tt forum, i do like the baseball TT leathers. :D

Phil K yes they still slide and also height adjust, well the drivers does the passenger TT seat has a seized shox which i have currently removed to un- seize( Who cares i never sit in the passenger side!! LOL)

I am planning to get the door cards and rear quarters covered in leather of course :D just not sure when and where!

That does look good, you'll have to post a pic when it's all in there. Liking that. How much did you pay for your TT seats if you don't mind me asking?