Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

braided hose q's

anyone have these ? did they make much difference to the braking efficiency ?

if you only do the front lines , does this then alter the brake bias much ?

any particular manufacturer you recommend i.g. goodridge ?

cheers

paul

anyone have these ? did they make much difference to the braking efficiency ?

if you only do the front lines , does this then alter the brake bias much ?

any particular manufacturer you recommend i.g. goodridge ?

cheers

paul

difference i noticed was the brakes reacted quicker when pressing the pedal.

I've just had a 6 line goodridge set fitted. Makes the brakes feel more modern. The ratio of progresion of the pedal compared to the ratio of effect on braking is now spot on too. If that makes sense!

CaiosG60 PWR, did you buy them from gsf ? how much if you dont mind me asking and were they an easy fit ?

cheers

Gixxer, I think I got them from C&R for about £47 but I bought them about a year ago so can’t really remember. It’s taken me until recently to get around to fitting them. Fitting them wasn’t really a problem. I was lucky that none of my brake lines where that badly corroded. If your brake lines are badly corroded, well the connecters on them, then it can turn into a nightmare job if anything snaps. You just need to be really careful not to snap anything. It’s also worth checking you can get the bleed nipple undone on your callipers before messing around with your lines or you won’t be able to bleed the brakes once you’ve fitted the new lines. (Almost happened to me :lol: )Also, if your cars has one fitted you’ll need to remove the bracket on the rear auto-brake bias thing to get at one of the pipes. A buzz gun is handy for this to give the badly corroded bolts a jolt.

The primary advantage of fitting braided hoses is that they can withstand much higher pressure.

If you're braking quite a bit then you heat the brake fluid up and normal hoses tend to start flexing. When you push your foot on the pedal the brakes start to feel spongey because the first part of the push is actually stretching the pipes.

When you put braided hoses on, the braiding keeps the sidewalls of the pipe rigid so the pipes don't flex, thus you get better brake feel :)

Goodridge seem to be the ones to get and C&R tend to be alright on price, but if GSF sell them too then get them there, they'll be the same hoses and probably cheaper.

i have 288s on the front and standard on the rear, so do i need a set for a golf vr6? or will the corrado ones fit the 288s? just want to make sure before i buy them, :?

dinkus, cheers mate i knew the theory as i've always fitted braided lines to my bikes but i just wanted to know can you feel the difference in a car , anway its a cheap enough mod , so i'll go for it

cheers dinky

A20 LEE, what type did you buy or did you make your own up ? also did you do the front and rear ?

originally i had goodridge but switched to HiSpec during the big brake conversion

he he no sweat ive just done my bike too its a shame that you cant see the braided hoses on a car as they look damn good on a bike!

billinjahg60, should come standard imo

braided lines and some ebc hh and it transforms the bike (when they warm up :-)

i have 288s on the front and standard on the rear, so do i need a set for a golf vr6? or will the corrado ones fit the 288s? just want to make sure before i buy them, :?

Yeah late MK3, 1996 on.....

billinjahg60, should come standard imo

braided lines and some ebc hh and it transforms the bike (when they warm up

absolutely only the rsvr comes with them as std as far as i know? mine did anyway! hh pads gotta love them road race anything they just excel!