Sign in to follow this  
keystarG60

16" BBS RX's

17s but you get the idea

On a black car aswell....I love them, they look so OE, especially if you replace the 55mm BBS badges with VW ones.....

Just aquired a set of 17" RXs myself recently..... those and a few other interesting items to be executed and added to my gallery over the next couple of weeks :)

Thanks Billinjahg60,

Looks fully good. Especially on a black C huh? Haha!

Having Koni TA's and H+R's fitted next week with a 30mm drop but can't decide between 16" and 17". Whatever happens, the wheels will be BBS. Really want the C to have an unmodified look.

Kev, yeah i totally agree, trying to stay as close to OEM as possible. So it's either RX's or RC's for me. Been offered 16" RX's wheels only for £600 and £15 for shipping.

Kev have you fitted your RX's yet?? If so, i'd like to see em in da flash so to speak! Some Back Hamlet burnouts perhaps!! Haha!

Starko

Starko, how much are the Konis and H+Rs costing inc fitting? I am going along the same lines as you, OEM+ look. Considering options... RXs RCs 16/17 and a lowered setup of some sort. Might put FK clear/red rear lights on and clear side repeaters... a look I think the corrado would have if made for a few more years.

Starks, nah mate they're at Pristine refurbers as we speak being repainted. I got them at a cheap price with good tyres (F1s), but the paint was a little patchy in places.

I need to get my 312 discs and carriers before I put those on though....

Storm Warning, Koni shocks £385, H+R Springs £175, top mounts about £30 i'm guessing.

Plus about 3hrs labour i'm guessing

I paid £148 for my H&R's (for VR6) from Europerformance.co.uk, Koni TA's already on the car when bought :D - about right price for top mounts - only paid £60 for fitting but without 4 wheel alignment/camber check as advised. Happy with ride quality on springs - slight disappointment with ride height - its showing 1.5inches gap in arch on my 16's(RZ's) - could change to 17's to reduce gap but want to keep car as low as poss. - it'll look slightly higher on 17's! The main thing is I've kept the ride quality/lowering on a par . It still looks quite good!

Neil L, do you have any photos with this koni/hr setup on 16". My choice of wheel comes down to either rx's or rc's. 16" seems the way to go and i'm not a fan of slammed cars.

Thanks Niel, looks great, and personally i like the way the 30mm drop looks. I never wanted to make a track car y'know, and i always wanted the car to be totally useable and enjoyable to use on long journeys. To my mind, there's no point pretending we use our cars on perfectly flat quarter mile stretches every day when we clearly don't. The h+r's seem like a good compromise to me. My only dilemma was the new wheel size. So your photo's are cool coz 16's were my prefered option. What size are the tyres on those sweet BBS?

Yeh, the wheels are 16' (7.5J ET35) - think they're RZ or similar on 215 x 40 rubber all around! I waz toying with what wheel size to go for next because 17's would fill the arch better BUT the overall height of the car would be slightly higher than it is now, so i decided to stay with 16'. The car has touched on the front (NB spoiler) in my local NCP but slowing down a bit :wink: prevents it from catching on anything - so its really as low as i want to go for everyday driving. Just about to order my Keskins KT-1's - 16x9 rear/16 x 7.5 front - hope it'll look OK because i love the look on the rims!!!

Yeah Neil, looking at your snaps i'm glad i've gone for koni/h+r route. Just how i wanted it to look too. RX's are 7" wide so do i thought perhaps 205/45/16 would be appropriate. Do people agree?? Was thinking maybe avon zz3's

Yeah Neil, looking at your snaps i'm glad i've gone for koni/h+r route. Just how i wanted it to look too. RX's are 7" wide so do i thought perhaps 205/45/16 would be appropriate. Do people agree?? Was thinking maybe avon zz3's

I'd go for 195/45 on a 7" rim or 215/40 on 7.5" if i were you Starky - popped round earlier BTW but you wasn't home !!

I personally wouldn't go below 205 because it'll make the wheel look to puney! :o - the C is a fairly muscular looking car 8) - but its up to u mate!