Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

Intercooler options.......

What is available for the G60 ??

Most people seem to go for the Golf or Rallye FMIC, is it possible to use a larger Golf G60 radiator with these ??

A few have Merc van ones and (cough) jabba are selling them now.

Does g-werks do an upgrade ?? On a search he said about a prototype ??

Anyone got anything different or mounted where the standard IC is ??

Not sure what to go for so any advise appreciated !!

g-werks do a custom one or a golf one all around £350-400 last time i spoke to darren or a sprinter one too out of the new sprinter as stevemac has. im thinking about this now like to plan ahead for the summer! oh it is summer?

I think the Rallye ones are about the biggest that you can squeeze into the corrado (without extensive modification) whether or not that makes it the best, I don't really know... I personally think I'm gonna go for either a golf or rallye one when I have the money, but to be honest, any front mount intercooler is going to be a huge improvement over standard!

My Audi RS2 intercoolers is fitted in the middle grill of my RS2 bumper by 16vg60 (aka JMR)

Shilakadaddy, the rallye one has the same core size as the golf G60 one, but, IMHO, the Golf one has better designed end tanks than the rallye one which should help the boost to flow better throught the system... 8)

My Audi RS2 intercoolers is fitted in the middle grill of my RS2 bumper by 16vg60 (aka JMR)

John told me about your set up and it sounds v nice. I think the RS2 IC fits easier with an RS2 bumper but it can fit behind the std bumper with a bit of chopping

Shilakadaddy, the rallye one has the same core size as the golf G60 one, but, IMHO, the Golf one has better designed end tanks than the rallye one which should help the boost to flow better throught the system... 8)

Ah thats good to hear, you don't see many rallye ones come up for sale, so not missing out on anything :)

yup... It's a ECP corrado G60 radiator (£79 + VAT) and it all fits nicely... 8)

I've been looking closely at EBAY recently for other intercoolers and there seems to be quite a choice on there for good money... ;)

I've just picked up my intercooler today, had to go down to the DHL office to collect it.

Fair old size, picked up off ebay

chris

Any ideas what i could get in with a 675mm Radiator ?? Or can i put a bigger golf G60 Radiator and IC in ??

I have just fitted this cooler to my car its made by pro alloy and I got it thought Jabba. It fitted nicely and with minimal modification.

f3c4ab67.jpg

I have just fitted this cooler to my car its made by pro alloy and I got it thought Jabba. It fitted nicely and with minimal modification.

f3c4ab67.jpg

Do you still have a standard front bumper ?

Cheers

Andy D, Your pics never appear for me !!

Seen the Jabba/Pro ones and they do look good, they fit with standard bumper Sandy - there is a thread if you do a search

I opened up my new intercooler to have a look

First impression big, would it fit, yeah tight squeeze

after chat with Daz, should be able to get it in there

chris

Yes i still have standard bumpers you have to trim front pannel which sounds worst than it really is. If you are going to fit this cooler get a touch up pen before so you can paint the bare metal after trimming.

intercooler.jpg

did this pic work????