Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

wiring for fk rear lights

The bulb holder from o.e should be able to clip in theres a few on forum that have done it.

chris

You can actually use the oe bulb holders but on mine they dont fit that securely so i resorted to the wiring supplied and used male spade connectors into the original wiring block.

Cant remember off hand where wires go but just trace the connections on the oe bulb holder to the plug and its pretty simple after that.

Just match them up with the wires from the FK lights.

Will have a look later and post the correct colours if i can.

The bulb holder from o.e should be able to clip in theres a few on forum that have done it.

oh really i didn't know that ill have a look then cheers Chris

oh really i didn't know that ill have a look then cheers Chris

no worries

if it turns out that you do have to wire them in which i doubt its piece of cake, i used my test light to make sure when i did the in-pros on me blue one as i didn't know about the holder

chris

My FKs came with a nice little wiring diagram... 8)

I'll dig it out when I get home...

any luck finding the wiring diagram as im doing this tonight?

any help welcome, ta

There was no way I was going to cut the loom on mine! You will find that the bulb holders fit in the back of the lights! Mine are held in place with tape and I've never had a problem... I do believe you can dremmel (sp) the back of the lamp to get the original bulb holder to clip in too but I haven't bothered...

The only slight snag you'll face using the OE bulb holders is that you have to force orange bulbs into the holders as the pins are in the wrong place - small price to pay for not hacking up your loom IMO 8)

Done!

pretty simple really just needed some one to tell us what lights were on..

this post helped me:

The plain brown wire is the earth wire on your car, looking at the list for your new lights I would guess that the white/black is the earth wire.

The rear left turn signal has a black/white wire running to it.

The rear left tail light bulb has a grey/black wire running to it.

The rear left brake light bulb has a black/red wire running to it.

The rear right turn signal has a black/green wire

The rear right tail light bulb has a grey/red wire

The rear right brake light bulb has a black/red wire.

You could try sorting the earth wire out as it is fairly clear which one that is, if you then put the hazzards on and touch the new wire that the indicator is attached to the old wires in turn you should find out which one is the indicator.

You can repeat the above process to work out the lights and then that just leaves you with the brakes and by a process of elimination you should know which one it is!

Hi Bill,

Just stuck some FKs on mine, I did not use the holders and wired them up as per Glens instructions. Seem to work fine, nothing has blown up yet!

you gotta be joking about the holders working! I've just chopped and put my in pro ones on, i had instructions and just used an online translator. All works fine now.

my FKs plugged straight in with a supplied connector 8)