Sign in to follow this  
striderwilson

Alarm problem.

Every time I set my alarm, it goes off ! :x

Brought my car around 2 months ago, its a 95 M VR6 with 75k and a full VW history. As far as I can tell everything is original, including the alarm, which I believe is Scorpion? ( rectangular fob, led in top left corner, two square buttons just below, a 3 pin socket on the left of the fob, and a switch on the right ).

It all worked fine to start with - one plip and the doors would lock, sunroof and windows close, and the alarm was armed. Then, for no apparent reason, one plip will lock the doors and start to close the windows etc but the alarm will start screaming after about 3 secs.

I've looked at the other posts, but cant find anyone who has had the same fault, though I did try to 'reprogram' the alarm without any effect. Does anyone know whats going on???

:roll: ..alarms eh?...bloody nightmares!.

I have no real usfull answer for you mate, Scorpian alarms were used originaly on raddos, so its probebly been on your car for 10 years, maybe its time to replace it with an autowatch?.

"One of worst things known to man, these."

(AA man who came to try and sort out my original alarm. Had the accursed thing removed for good. Peace, perfect peace.) Of course, we do have the advantage of lower car crime up here. :wink:

supercharged said:

You sure he wasn't just talking about the car itself?

:lol: That's unfair - the C is better than the Trabant and any Fiat.

I would be quite confident stating that there is a failed bonnet, boot or door switch causing the alarm to trigger.

Try disconnecting the wire on th eonnet switch first and see what happens then.

Gavin