Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

exhausts

this sounds daft, but is there a way of making the standard exhaust pop and bang/backfire a bit? safely o course ;-) i love hte sound of em poppin :p

You could always take out the cat and put a cat bypass in either that or change the induction either one will give you a more throtey exhaust sound. I actually did both and it still passed the MOT in the UK with a cat bypass on a VR6 you wont make it pop or bang because of the VAG

Oh now you're getting technical and asking about the affect on the engine and BHP.

My Golf has a leak somewhere around the exhaust manifold and it pops and burbles quite nicely on overrun. It's also hugely annoyingly boomy at around 2.5k revs and is a good few bhp down because the lambda is deepy confused.

But hey, it sounds cool :roll:

I had a Scorpion exhaust on my Golf VR6 and that popped and crackled on the overrun a treat, especially when hot. Prefer the standard VAG exhaust now though....smooth as.

Buy a rally spec Subaru Impreza, the standard exhaust does exactly what you want, although the £300,000 price tag is the snag :lol:

Mine pops a when its floored a bit. Does that mean I have a problem with my exhaust such as a hole in thedownpipe, or is the car overfuelling etc. I've just got it MOT'd a few days back and it passed with flying colours.