Sign in to follow this  
brandonvw

does geometry need doing?

Have just lowered my C with FK Highsport Coilovers. Not sure on drop in mm, but the wheels sit just below the arches now, about 5-10mm between tops of tyres and bottom of arches. I know the tracking is out as I can see the front wheels are not in line now. So:

1. Does this mean i need a full geometry setup at VAG or will just tracking do?[/*:m:b563f]
  2. If so, is it now affected by the drop?[/*:m:b563f]
  3. If so again, how will i know what i need it to be? Or will people like VAG factor this into the alignment?[/*:m:b563f]

Needs checking to be its best. You may find that the camber is within tolerance but it may need adjusting with the adjustable camber nut from VW.

You may find that if the front is down any lower than the "minimum" height setting on the Highsports it will require some camber bolts being purchased. Otherwise, you will run out of adjustment and have to run excessive negative camber. H&R do a pair of bolts that replace the uppermost bolts that attach tthe damper to the hub which will allow further adjustment. They are £40 though. After I got mine I was told that Mk 1 GTi bolts do just as good a job and probably cost much less. Doh! :)