Sign in to follow this  
Blair

New car wanted...but what to buy?

I think your mistaking the Fiat to a Daihatsu Charade Turbo :D Mechanically the Fiat is fine, just the electrics letting it down slightly, besides with the possible £10K left you could strap a stage 5 turbo to it, and sod it why not a NOS kit too, should give you an easy 400+Bhp :lol:

I assume the company are paying out for insurance?!

They are unreliable full stop.

Whats the point of strapping a stage 5 anything when you drive 3 m and the thing blows up! :lol:

One of reasons why people drive vw's are that they are built well and are reliable. Neither of these things is the Fiat. Why downgrade?

Hm.. Audi S4...

stunning.... I would happily give my choda for one of these.

Bose sound system

I had a BOSE sound system in my A4 and ive never heard a car stereo like it for clarity...

It'll still eat most cars alive tho and it leaves your other hand free for any light snacking, gesticulating at the commoners and other wholesome activities behind the wheel :lol:

It'll still eat most cars alive tho and it leaves your other hand free for any light snacking, gesticulating at the commoners and other wholesome activities behind the wheel :lol:

Like checking your wallet to make sure you've enough cash to fill up at the next petrol station :)

I've always thought it was stupid when people say "oh look at the size of his car, must be to compensate for something else" but with the A8/S8 it really is, look at the state of it

(I quite like them but don't tell anyone shhhhh)

Agreed.. the A8 is totally OTT especially when you consider that virtually all of the engines are available in much smaller platforms like the A4.. unless you regularly need to chauffer people around, there really aint much point in the A8.

Unless, as Neil says, you have a need to compensate for a small wang ;)

The VW taureg's bigger... it's fecking enormous!

How about an Audi S6? I think that's gonna be my next car... 8)

Might have to bet my budget all on black. Then win. Then put it all back on black. Then win again. Then I might be OK ;)

I think your mistaking the Fiat to a Daihatsu Charade Turbo :D Mechanically the Fiat is fine, just the electrics letting it down slightly, besides with the possible £10K left you could strap a stage 5 turbo to it, and sod it why not a NOS kit too, should give you an easy 400+Bhp :lol:

Whats the point of strapping a stage 5 anything when you drive 3 m and the thing blows up! :lol:

One of reasons why people drive vw's are that they are built well and are reliable. Neither of these things is the Fiat. Why downgrade?

Corrado reliable? Do you own one? If yours is reliable then I welcome a unique owner to the forums :lol:

I thought I should point out also that I was actually using humour in the above post, I thank you.

I've seen a few of these comments - do people really find their Corrado's unreliable?

Mine's been an absolute peach to own - only thing to have let me down was a seized clutch, the rest has been wear and tear (tyres, brakes, suspension and bearings).

It cost me less to run over the 6.5 years I've had it than my Mk1 cost over 3 of the 6 years I had that! :)

To be fair, no maybe not unreliable (mechanically anyway) but I can't rely on the C not to cost me a bit every year!! :lol:

Corrado reliable? Do you own one? If yours is reliable then I welcome a unique owner to the forums :lol:

I thought I should point out also that I was actually using humour in the above post, I thank you.

No I havent owned a corrado (hope to one day) but I have owned lots of VAG cars. My uncle had lots of fiats. Disgraceful cars.

OK OK, I agree VW's are A LOT more reliable than those pesky Fiats.

Now please leave me alone or I'll tell my mummy. :lol:

I have done 21k in my G60 since I bought it 11 months ago and has been 100% reliable - yes it has cost me money in maintenance but nothing that a far newer car would not have also needed