Sign in to follow this  
gradeAfailure

Headlining fabric - the squidgy stuff!

Errr, yeah - anyone know where I can get replacement headlining fabric that has the squidgy foam backing as mine has finally decided to give up the ghost and fall off the headlining card, thus making my car look reeeeely pikey in the process... :roll:

Am waiting on a couple of interior retrimmers getting back to me, but just wondered if anyone knew a definite place to get it? Phoned the stealers but they don't supply the fabric on its own, and a new headlining is £270! Yeah, right, I think maybe I won't be going for that option Mr VW rip-off merchant... ;)

T'ank'ee kindly chaps!

Been using that as a temporary fix but it's not working too well as the foam backing of the original fabric has started degrading and it's all just gone a bit manky and won't stick! Really just need to get it back to plain card and start again unfortunately... :(

Heh.. look at the car in his signature. Me thinks that Corrado headlining might not fit too well ;)

I think this is the perfect time for Dave ((GradeAfailure)) to strip and race prep his car.....it's fete....goe with it dude....

have a word with local breakers... they often get passats in which you could nick the roof cloth out of... ;)

Have been round umpteen breakers - the problem is that mine has a very specific headlining that matches the grey leather interior, and I've not seen another Passat 35i B3 with leather and a sunroof over here... Am trawling eby.de but as yet haven't figured out what the German for "headlining" is! ;)

Yeah, there is a lot of Daves on here - there's actually so many Daves in my circle of friends that we all have denominators! There's a Posh Dave, Big Dave, Stalker Dave, Teletubby Dave, Hippy Dave - the list goes on... Me? I'm d&b Dave... :)

Just chucked headlining through altavista it came out as:

"Mit einer Überschrift versehen"

I would rather have the exact same shade tbh, as the inside of the sunroof has the same material on it and a mismatch would just bug me...! However, if you should see a Passat with a sunroof with a squidgy light grey fabric headlining then by all means do let me know! :D