Sign in to follow this  
sciroccotune

Reprogramming a laserline alarm & vw flick key?? (pics)

Does any one know how to add another fob to a laserline alarm? I’m not 100% sure what model it is, but can check.

I have just got a ‘flick key’, which I have fitted my Corrado key to. I would be fantastic if I could operate the alarm with the key also.

Any help or manuals etc would be great.

cheers :)

Its easy, with a bit of grinding.

Basically just cut plastic off rado key, clamped the old key blade agents the rado blade, grinded a similar shape neck. next clamped the rado blade against a flat piece of metal to drill a half circle grove at its base, which in conjunction with the retaining pin on the key, keeps the rado blade secure.

Works a treat. Just need to program the fob now..

I used a dremmel type tool, took about 30 mins..

will post pic later

I have the instructions for adding a new remote fob onto laserline 996v2/996v3/919. Is it one of these? just saves me writing it out if yours is something different!

Cheers

Mike

I have two fobs that came with my car. One works and the other doesnt. Even with a new battery it doesnt seem to be opening the car! Im thinking of re-programming it hopefully with your instructions, but how can I check which model it is?

It is a laserline with two buttons (oval in shape) and an LED. Its a rectangular fob with Laserline written on it.

Any help?

Thanks guys, I ended up buying a new fob and it came with instruction. I can post them later (when i get a chance).#

Thanks anyway mike :wink:

I have two fobs that came with my car. One works and the other doesnt. Even with a new battery it doesnt seem to be opening the car! Im thinking of re-programming it hopefully with your instructions, but how can I check which model it is?

Paddy- Not sure you can tell from the fob- you need to find the actual alarm control unit and it will have it written on the front

Cheers

There was a post about this before, I think the outcome was pretty negative towards getting the fob to work with an alarm. Although I think that was reached after someone mentioned gutting their current fob and fitting it into the key.

Does anyone know what frequency ranges these flick keys work at?

edit - according to some random gibbery on the web around 434mhz if that helps anyone

Well im trying to re-program a fob that doesn't seem to work anymore as it seems the only option. I opened the fob and it had T97 printed on the circuit board. I think this is the model No. according to a website (bridgewater electronics).

Does anyone have the re-programming instruction steps for this model?

WOW this thread has come back to life, Right the flick key can not be programmed to laser line alarms as they use 433 Mhz not 434 Mhz as randal correctly states. As for gutting a laserline alarm fob and putting it in a flick key it doesn’t work as you have to remove to much of the 'aerial' which is just a large area of printed copper on the pcb.

As for reprogramming a laserline fob it can be done. I have instructions for 996V2/996V3/919/917/776/719. I think it may work for you paddyg but you are best checking your control box for the correct model number.

As follows:-

Note when programming a new fob ALL existing fobs/touch keys must be programmed in also. The system will accept a maximum of 4 fobs and two touch keys.

Procedure:

1. Ensure that the alarm system is fully disabled using and existing fob/touch key.

2. Locate the alarm control box.

3. Turn on the vehicle ignition

4. Set Dip switch 3 to the ON position. If the LED is ON go to step 6

5. Press and release the arm/disarm button on a valid remote or insert a valid touch key. The LED will light continuously.

6. Press and release the arm/disarm button on the new fob (or insert and remove the touch key). This will be acknowledged by the led going off then on again.

7. Repeat step 6 with ALL fobs/keys to be programmed onto the system.

8. Set dip switch 3 back to off position and turn off ignition.

9. Test all new fobs/keys.

May be worth a sticky mods??

Thats great, will have to give it a try at the weekend.

Just to make sure I have this right,

1 In step 3 do you mean have the car started/running or just have the ignition on and the car not running?

2.Also do I have to take off the cover of the alarm unit to access Dip switch 3?

Thanks,

Pat

has anyone figured out how to program that factory remote to lock and unlock the corrado doors yet? The reason i'm bringing this post back to life is bcause I just bought one those vw remotes off ebay and apparantley the seller says he will be incuding instructions on how to programme the remote to work with certain alarms. any one had any luck with one . cheers.

soon as I receive the package this week i hope, i will see if it works for mine ,

sure hope the seller is not b.s.ing about being able to reprogram the remote to an aftermarket alarm.

I'm in the same situation with a toad alarm.

I asked a guy at VW, who thinks that Cobra/Scorpion alarms are the only ones that the keys can be reprogrammed to.

But he also recons that the alarm manufacturers should make an interface kit to talk to the key.

Hope this helps.