Sign in to follow this  
dub envy

the envy. Bodyshop progress.

Bristolbaron.. Yeah I've had my polo at both Polo shows on the uk-polos area... That badge aint a sneaky GT badge either!! Wanna see the log book?? hehehe

soz mate, didnt think it looked long enough for a g40 badge.. thought you'd sneaked a gt badge on to 'stealth' it.

g-man Furki's asian?!? i thought he was white with blonde hair, like in his avatar?!

Superb photos and one supremely clean black VR.... I do like em in black....

What is it with the Speedlines? When I see them in photos they look spot on, but in the flesh, I dunno, I have my reservations!

Superb photos and one supremely clean black VR.... I do like em in black....

What is it with the Speedlines? When I see them in photos they look spot on, but in the flesh, I dunno, I have my reservations!

It's blue!!

The Polo wheels are 14in Silverstones or 'teardrops as they are commonly calles.

I use a fujifilm s7000 and that pic was either a 13 or 15 second exposure with the white balance set to something or other...

To be honest I'm never quite sure what my camera does and pics just come out through trial and error!! I think I took about 20 shots from that position before I got a nice one!

If you have the original JPG that came out of the camera, it'll have EXIF headers in it that will reveal precisely what settings you used to take the picture.

shutter speed - 6.5

aperture - f6.3

ISO sensitivity - ISO 200

focal length - 8mm

exposure mode - manual

exposure correction - 0.0

metering mode - pattern

white balance - custom 1

focus - auto

sharpness - normal

shooting mode - manual standard

There you go!

Lovely VR, mate. Apart from the colour (mine's blackberry), that's what I would love mine to end up looking like. Specilally like the fact that you've kept the Speedlines on it - they look great.

Edit: just noticed you've taken them off in the last shot - bugger!

Admittedly, after looking back at the beginning of the thread at my old pics for the first time in a while, I do admit the Speedines do look good!! I hated them when I first got the car!

As for extrior modding.. well I have a couple of things I want to do. The arches will all be getting rolled and ever-so-slightly flared. Going to try all red rear lights. and colour code the rear number palte recess. I also want to try a reiger grill. I think that a colour coded de-badged grill with spoiler might look pretty nice! Oh, and some light smoke window tints.

But that's it. I like the way they look standard but it does need just a couple of things.

The inside however could do with lots. I plan on soundproofing the whole insides. I'm aiming for 1st Class travel! Nice stereo system with a tv headunit... I'm on the look out for a Porsche steering wheel and maybe gear knob too. Before the summer I want air-con, as last summer was just a non-stop sweat pit of driving....

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Oh, the pic was takien with a Jessops semi-fish eye lens on my fuji camera!

Hello mate,

Nicce location in the last pic, I've done a few shots there with my Raddo.

Only thing that lets it down is the red bollards, but hey,

Cool pics thou, not fair someone can have too nice cars!!

Cool pics thou, not fair someone can have too nice cars!!

Have I told you about my mk2 Golf as well?? :D :D

My pictures of my cars seem to have a reaccuring theme... those red bollards crop up pretty often!! Also the big silver tower outside Fabris Lane looks cool too! It's handy that I can wash the car, drive 1/2 a mile up the road and have some nice locations to take pics!!

Now your just being greedy!!

The Golf is in a sorry state. Going to be stripped and sold/scrapped beginning of next year. It's been SORN for the last 3 years now.

I dont have many pics of my Golf as my laptop is dead..

This is one of the best and most recent pics I've got of it.

P5270028.jpg