Sign in to follow this  
robster

Central Locking & Electric Windows

Really hope someone can help !

Parked the car outside the house list night with window open, when I went to close it up the window would not go up and the central locking will not work !!! I managed to get the window up by connecting the window motor to an external battery but it will still not go up or down on the internal switches (both windows will not work). The central locking still won't work. I can't hear any noise from the vacum pump that controls the central locking but since the motors still work in the windows when connected to an external power supply I would take it that the vacum pump is OK too. Is there a relay that controls both windows and central locking?

All help greatly appreciated :(

There's definitely a fuse that controls both (take a look on the back of the fuse box cover for what's where), so that's probably a good starting point.

yip...or another thing that controlls all of those things is the door handle....these can cause all sorts of problemo's when they bugga up...

Thanks for the reply,

Went through all the fuses and all seem fine, there does not seem to be a fuse for just central locking or windows, either a single fuse for each or one that does both. Is there a relay that controls both?

the fuse for the c/l and the e/windows is the same one it's not in the row of fuses but above the relays about the middle of the box hard to get at but it is there

Rob

same problem here... but mine is from the PO's wonderful wiring... i took it to a VW mechanic and he said that the window control module (rear drivers side area) is probably cooked... said that that one unit controls both the locks and the windows... so once i find one, i'll let u kno if it worked...

the fuse for the c/l and the e/windows is the same one it's not in the row of fuses but above the relays about the middle of the box hard to get at but it is there

yeah...i think its above reley 18....if you put your hand on reley 18 and feel above it you will feel a fuse...its that one........for some unknown reason.

Thanks Carpy 25

That did it :D

The fuse and relay box swings down with a little pressure and its easy to get at then.

Thanks all for the help