Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Vag History chasing

My car has printed VAG history from about 60k to date, service book lost.

I have just bought a replacement service book and they will be able to stamp all this history in there (dealer 417), cool. :p But what about the rest!

The supplying dealer was no 166, which according to my local dealer must have been taken over but they are obliged to keep the records.

There is a central computer storing last service which all checks out but each individual service is app kept at each indiv dealer.

How do i find my early history from 166 dealership which now prob has a diff dealer no, or am i waisting my time. :(

(better change my signature after this post!)

Phone VW central in Milton Keynes and ask them for the dealer number, that dealer should then be able to tell you what was done when.

What are my chance do you reckon? Im thinking with not many owners and full VAG from 60-120K, the early history is prob VAG too? I would be so happy to fill in all those blanks, im a bit a.al like that!

Have you tried entering you reg number at a dealer? It should pull up *all* details of the car's history (if it was taken to VW for servicing), including recalls, from the central database.

I had a report run on mine and found out Elvis owned it originally, and it's on it's 19th engine and has been reshelled 11 times.

Funny that cuz yours looked rather straight to me bud!

They put the plate in and it just brought up the last service which was on my paperwork, but nothing else? I have at least 10 main dealer service visits from 60 to 100k all at that same dealer, so should they be on there. I have proof! Perhaps the kidy could have tabbed through the screens then?

It said no recalls outstanding at the bottom left.

Im sure the first 60k is on someones screen somewhere, and that will prob add £500 to the value of the car not to mention my grin.

Your car should have had the injector wiring chaffing recall, the rad fan recall and the fuel rail hose recall mate.....

My car has had a new driver's door and wing at some point.... but it was done to a high standard. The bodyshop didn't retexture the front wheelarch with rubberised paint as per OE, so it's a big give away...but I didn't notice that when I bought it.

wuw, way over my head with the rubber texture bit ! Dont want to hog your time mate, but whats that about? I couldnt find anything on yours at the inters, looked well straight.

Going to check my arches now!

If you look at the arch lips....they should have a mottled, rough effect, which is rubberised paint. It deflects stones. The Corrado didn't have plastic arch lip protectors that MK2 Golfs got, so rubberised paint did the job.

If the arch lip is smooth, you've had a new wing at some point...... which isn'tm unusual as most Corrado drivers from new couldn't drive for sh1t and understeered them off roundabouts.....

And Kev, thats b0ll0cks about Elvis being the first owner of your car... I ran a check on your registration and the first owner came up as a Mr Elton John who sold it 6 months later to a Mr D Winton - I mean, who else would order a new car in that colour!!

Supercharged, its not as bad as dinkus' choice of wall colouring!

Cant beleive he didnt sell his Rh1s to me! lol

I got the history from VW for my 16V MK3 which revealed that it had 2 previous owners Leonard Nimoy and Luke Skywalker. The true mileage being 150K not the 78 displayed.

The good news, it had never missed a service since new and had a clutch a month before I bought it.

Carefull for what you wish for! :roll:

Supercharged, its not as bad as dinkus' choice of wall colouring!

Your not wrong, I was round there last week and my eyes are still burning...

h100vw, thats right, I was speaking to Luke in the pub last night, interestingly he told me he sold it because he was disappointed with the power compared to his previous mk2 16V, he said the mk3 was just too bulky and even the later 2.0 lump didn't compare.... The mileage discrepancy is most likely from changes in the space - time continuem around the galaxy or maybe a distruption with the force...

He eventually confessed to spending a great deal of time trying to blow Darth Vaders chavvy little brother away in his Nova. Chewy sorted the Nova by nicking the flux capacitor. :lol: That confined Short Vader to the carpark at McDonalds.

h100vw, yup, that's how I found out that the 110K miles on J-DUB was actually 235K! :crazyeyes:

Wasn't too happy about that at the time... :(

Ah see, you're all getting a bit far fetched now....Luke Skywalker indeed :roll: Everyone knows he wasn't old enough to drive when the Corrado was launched, tsk, you need to refine your fibbing a bit really.

Rumour has it CorradoWales' car was previously owned by Skeletor and a after a bit more digging into my history, it seems President Lincoln had a brief spell in my car.....

Hey, if we're on about sillyness in ownership now, my MKI has had 18 owners.... and I've owned it since 1995! :crazyeyes: :lol:

I reckon that every man and his dog's probably been in it around the Manchester area I bought it from! :lol:

Well mine was the one Buddha drove on the path to true enlightenment.

Naturally he found a limited-edition Karmann-interior version when he got there.