Sign in to follow this  
Riley

uprated charger questions - page 4

wow a thread with my name as the title... how can i help or do i need to go back and read all the pages ? :wink:

alright m8 :D

basically my charger has been making knocking noises very intermittently,although its still producing good boost.

i havent heard the noise for a couple of days now so i dont know whats wrong,its definately the charger as you could feel the knocking.

copied from earlier...

i was thinking full blend from g-werks which i believe comes with rsr outlet (my boost pipe is looking a bit tired/cracked so would the rsr sort that too?) and an sns 5.5 chip?

i know this would be more for piece of mind but what sort of power would this give? and anything else needed? oil feed pipe? red tops etc?

i already have a decat/boost return kit/superchip.

and are the chargers available off the shelf while mine is posted to them?

neil. :)

any other companies to consider?

pitstop?

sure there was a newish guy on here too?

hello,

right where to begin...the charger you send me is the one you get back. flowing the charger to what ever spec will put NO added strain on the unit as all we are doing is allowing the air to enter/leave the unit alot quicker and smother.

The RSR outlet is a replacment for the muffler box so will not sort out any issuse with damaged boost hose's etc.

All of our charger come with a mandetry oil feed pipe this is to ensure our warranty.

why dont you call me for a chat then i can give you all the info you require without the need for you to wait for me to see the forum which is somthing i dont allways have time to do?

regards Darren

are g-werks on holiday or something? cant get an answer.

ive no tax on the car and could do with getting the charger sorted while its off the road.

neil.

JMR does charger rebuilds. He did mine last week. pm 16VG60 or call him after 5 on 07974 020031. See suppliers section for feedback on him, great service. :)

just looking on pitstops website too,does john? (jmr) have a site?

im after an sns chip also,i think? :?

cheers.

John doesn't have a site. He does have decades of experience with VW's though and what he doesn't know about G60's & Corrados isn't really worth knowing. He does a first class job.

its a bit shit this to be honest. :roll:

ive asked a few times now for opinions on uprated chargers and for advice regarding what other things would be worth doing at the same time etc...

also asking about power and if blah blah charger is worth it over blah blah charger.

can anyone tell me where to buy a rebuild kit? :roll:

might as well have a go my self and port it at the same time.

if i fuck it up then so be it.

neil.

John doesn't have a site. He does have decades of experience with VW's though and what he doesn't know about G60's & Corrados isn't really worth knowing. He does a first class job.

thanks m8,just missed your reply before mine.

are g-werks on holiday or something? cant get an answer.

ive no tax on the car and could do with getting the charger sorted while its off the road.

neil.

Did you leave a message for somone to call you back ?

hey riley dont get too pi**ed off man, id just get your charger uprated as far as you can afford and get the relevant sns chip to go with it i wouldnt sent it any where but gwerks as daz is always around to offer advice!