Sign in to follow this  
timmaaah

Parking Lights

I have just this second noticed if I leave the indicator stalk as if I was pulling into the curb (ie near side) then the corresponding side lights (front and rear) stay illuminated after the car is locked. Conversly, if I leave the indicator stalk as if I was pulling away from the curb (ie off side) the offside side lights remain illuminated!

I don't know if anybody else has noticed/knew about/even cared, but I've only had me 'rado for two weeks, and it's all amazing - esp after 4 years of a poor little Renault 19 16valve! I'm sure I'll get a blolocking for putting THAT on here, but ho hum.

Just out of interest, has any-one else noticed this amazing phenomenon, or am I just a cokc?

I've only read the owners manual - nowt in there. I haven't got a RTFM. Where can I get one - do I go to W H smiths and say 'Hey, give me a f****** manual?" Only messin wid ya! Just amazed really - that's all i can say. Still, that's what I get for driving a French car for 4 years!! lol

Another top Corrado tip:

In light rain, push the wiper stalk down on intermittant to wipe the screen once, then return the stalk to off.

When you next need the screen wiping, push the stalk down and leave it there.

The delay between the two wipes is now set for your exact rain condition, and the delay can be anything from 2secs to 30 secs.

Oh bums - you're quite correct. It's rtight there on page 49. I feel sooooo stoopid :oops: . I guess it's all the excitement of my new car - like I say - I've only had her two weeks and I'm only just coming down from the ceiling! Still, at least I haven't embarrased myself too much, or have I? Answers on a post card please folks!

Another top Corrado tip:

In light rain, push the wiper stalk down on intermittant to wipe the screen once, then return the stalk to off.

When you next need the screen wiping, push the stalk down and leave it there.

The delay between the two wipes is now set for your exact rain condition, and the delay can be anything from 2secs to 30 secs.

really?! amazing!

No.

And not all Corrado's either - the very early ones had the normal style intermittant.

However, its just a relay, so in theory you could retro-fit it to a Mk 1.

Relay labelled 99.

Ahh - always wondered why my intermittent wipe worked at different speeds from one day to the next. Couldn't be bothered to RTFM but now I know - cheers Andi .. :wink:

so in theory you could retro-fit it to a Mk 1

Yep, retro can be done, direct substitute. Easy to pick one up at a scappy or trader at a show.

most vw's have the parking light feature,but the intermittent wiper is only on the corrado's (late) as far as i know,cool little feature 8) that baffled me at first too.

as said though can be sorted by swapping a relay :D

Was nearly running out to my car in bare feet to try that then, but read on to see it wasn't on earlys. Bugger.

So any No. 99 relay from a 2.0 or above then?

Nice one. 8)

Stevemac - I can't believe you have just admitted to that!!!!

I'm sure these things are all in the search.

By the way, my 'J' reg valver had the intermittent but i never changed it neither did the 2 owners before me and one of them had it from new.

The parking light thing was on the Audi's from the 80's onwards, good addition to a car though when i'm say, outside a chippy with one side parking lights on i generally get some plssed bloke tapping on my wondow when i'm half way through a messy chip butty with gravy best part round my face to tell me that i have a light out and i try to explain but you can tell it goes right over thier head, i've even had a copper pull over and get out to come tell me the same, the fool! :lol:

Chris

Variable intermittent wipers were introduced on the MKII GOLF 16V GTIs and were an option on the early Corrados which then became a standard feature around 1990/1

Tip: with your electric windows, press down on one window for a second to put it into auto mode and then tap down on the other window switch. When the first window has opened fully, the other window will also open without you having to do anything else... 8)

There's quite a few little odds and ends that Corrados have that not every owner knows about... ;)

Stevemac - I can't believe you have just admitted to that!!!!
My usual run of events for anything that I buy is to discard the packaging, closely followed by the manual.

Although, for some reason, I do still have the Corrado manual - just can't be bothered to read it .. :lol: