Sign in to follow this  
jboyslick

Stalling more than a poiltician!!! Please help

Hi All, My c is completely f***ed at the moment!! When i drive it from cold the revs go up and down and sometimes it feels like there is no power at all when i put my foot down in first! Every time i come to a stand still, change down a gear or approach a roundabout the car stalls!!

Ive just ad the hall sender looked at and the lambda probe replaced, but still the same problem if not worse. Im gonna get it on vagcom in the next few days, but dont want to get caught out by the stealers, Ive already had the guy who does all the work on the car telling me to get the timing chains done (the car has done 103k), but is tight and drives well with not a lot of noise coming from the chains. Any ideas guys??

Idle stabilisation valve, clean it, lube it and check the surrounding pipes for blockages etc, do a search on here, loads of info.

Yep good old standard VR problems. As above, clean out and relube ISV, clean Throttle Body and spray some carb cleaner on the vacuum hoses whilst the engine is running to check for any leaks. Take the MAF out, check th e wire and give a good spray of carb cleaner just in case its mucky. Get it on VAGCOM - Bigpants is also in the Bath area IIRC - check if he's got VAGCOM.

If you dont solve it with them then drop a line to RW1 or Kevhaywire - they'll guide you further.

cheers guys, i'll give it a go earky part of next week. one of the chaps that looked at the car reckons the timing chains need to be done, I'm at 103k but the engine is a lot quieter than most ive heard for that mileage or above. is he pulling my chain or should I seriously consider getting them done?