Sign in to follow this  
Oakley

Vag Com

Does anybody in the Preston area have a Vag Com they could hook up for me? My C has started cutting out whenever I come to a stop and it is starting to become annoying.

Thanks

:cry:

I have my mates VAG COM lead, It is the ODB plug one. If you PM me your number I'll save it and give you a ring if/when I take it back to him. He works at HB Panelcraft near the docks/A59.

Gavin

Oakley,

Give me a shout early next week if you're still having problems. I'm away this weekend and on holiday from 22nd of this month for a week.

It does sound like the ISV though, which won't show on vagcom.

Hmmmm.......well, I was going to clean the ISV out but I do not even know what it looks like. I took something off that I thought looked like an ISV (Black thing about 4 inches long with 2 hoses and a electrical plug, also looking inside, it had some sort of Silver rod looking thing) I was not sure if this was it and did not want to throw white spirits into it fearing I would break it.

Was that the ISV?

Reggit, I think you diagnosed my C once before in Lytham, St Annes remember, I had a dodgy intermittent Lamda Probe. I think you had the black leather that I was really jealous of. I did not really want to ask you again as I felt bad. I suppose the up side this time is that I live in Preston now and if my memory serves me correctly, so do you. If you get a free moment it would be great if you could help out.

I have booked my C into a Stealer as I feel that Dub Sport will not resolve the problem. I have already asked them to fix this problem spending a grand with them and still not resolving. I have lost all confidence in Dub, I think it is back to Stealth Racing in future.

Does anybody think I should hold off on the stealers until a Vag has been hooked up. VW want between 1 & 3 hours to diagnose @ £55 p/h and then all the labour and parts after that?

Defo wait and have it looked at first mate.

In fact it would be worth having a go at the ECU reset thing and basic setting procedure that was in another thread yesterday. The guy said he felt there was a dead spot in the throttle response on his VR which RW1 put down to needing a setting.

Gavin

I guess it is probably best to wait.....Thanks for that Gavin......I will have to wait for Reggit to come free. I am sure it has something to do with the ISV but I know nothing about engines.

I did disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and then took it for a 1/2 hour drive. That was difficult. I think I need to do some searches for the Proper ECU procedure as well as the Basic Reset Procedure.

Stealers cancelled bow until further notice.

Yeah its not just about the reset of the ECU there are some procedures to go through so the ECU knows the limits to expect between a closed and fully open throttle.

I don't have a VR but this is upposed to improve running no end from what I read yesterday. I'll hunt the thread out for you know.

That RW1 knows his sh1T.

Gavin

Read it all, except the bit where I drop my bike....

Just read what RW1 and Kev H have to say. It might sound confusing but a couple of run throughs helps.

gavin

I find the problems comes when talking about thigs like TB , TPS, and resets, I see a lot of data on basic resets but all quite contradictive. Is the not a thread anywhere that describes the axact procedures step by step?

Sorry for all the stupid questions but when it comes to the engine side of things, I am terrible and not confident.

Thanks

Oakley

I did disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and then took it for a 1/2 hour drive. That was difficult.

OK, disconnect the battery again and this time after reconnecting it and from ignition on, just drive it around for 10 minutes. No hard accelerations, no breaking the sound barrier stuff, just at least once during the 10 minutes put into 3rd or 4th gear and hold the throttle around midway steady for 3 to 4 seconds (constant acceleration). This will hopefully put the ECU into a "milder" set-up.

Still will need to do Basic Settings as per other thread etc. sometime but this drive set-up should hopefully remove the bad stalling. If it doesn't, then take a look at the ISV as said and clean the shutter area with carb cleaner, good soak and blast.

I think I need to do some searches for the Proper ECU procedure as well as the Basic Reset Procedure

The discussion thread yesterday above is all you'll get, there ain't anything else. Look at the picture file in the thread and make sure you and whoever select the right group number for uyour ECU part number suffix.

Bottom line. I don't think your original problem is the set-up but the above should temporarily put it back to somewhere where problems due to Basic Settings not being done are minimised.

p.s. do you have a headlight loom for sale still?

Always :wink:

Got a plane to see, will PM details about 12ish if you like.

GAvin

Thanks RW1, I will wait until I get the Vag hook up and go from there. I am hoping Reggit will be able to help with the reset as well..........I just suck at tanything technical when it comes to cars. :)

You are shade too far away, otherwise............

East of Stockport.

I think I am at the stage where I will go anywhere in the country to have this glitch fixed. I was even at the stage where i thought I needed another car but, I find that coming onto this forum re-affirms my belief in C's as the help received here makes it worth going on.