Sign in to follow this  
stingman123

Which Corrado?

Not the model!!!!

I've seen the models referred to as Mk1 Mk2 etc...

I've got a 94 VR6 on an L plate, which Mk would that be anyone?

thatll be the late one mate....or mk2...they changed over in 92/93 when the vr6 came into production.

could be either - have a look at your obd connector below the gearstick gaitor

2 small connections are mk1

1 big connection is mk2

IIRC?!

nah...its to do with the front end pannels mainly...and the dash etc

EDIT-- as in, the front wings,bonnet, front bumper,size of splitter,

EDIT 2-- and slightly more rolled rear arches.... :wink:

stingman123, your Vr6 will be a Mk2 raddo.....every Raddo made from 93 onwards was....92 was the cross over year i think.....but they had to re-design the front end to fit the vr6 engine in as far as i know...so if you have a vr6 then its pretty certain you have a mk2 'c'. :D

corradowales, actually, the rear wheel arches changed too...

Have a look in the buyers guide on here as it's got a list of all the differences in it... 8)

could be either - have a look at your obd connector below the gearstick gaitor

what is this obd connector i noticed it when i was changing the gator recently??

it's a diagnostics socket.... Depending on which model you've got and how old it is, you can plug in some kit and find out how the sensors are doing and change some bits in the ECU...

The domestic kit is known as VAG-COM

So why then did they produce ones like mine, i have the early interior and the late body??... she was reg in Dec of 92......

So why then did they produce ones like mine, i have the early interior and the late body??... she was reg in Dec of 92......

Bits left in the parts bin, probably due to the low volumes the Corrado was produced in, especially RHD.

David.

scarlett, they introduced the later body first as they realised they were gonna have to do something different to the shell and wings to get the VR6 engine and suspension in (hence bulged bonnet for taller engine and flared arches for PLUS suspension). It made sense to start manufacturing the new parts before launch of the new engine so that they weren't making 2 different types of the same part as they were already loosing money on the Corrado at this point...

At the same time they also introduced the 3 slat grille, different fogs/indicators and headlamps and also changed the bumpers slightly (they're very slightly wider and have a different trim line on 'em) so that they could advertise it as a face lift... ;)

J-DUB ('92) has a late body, H-YYU (late '91) has an early body...

The very first VR6s got the early interior too (including the Campaign models) and they switched to the later interior around '93 IIRC... around the time they introduced the MKIII Golf which a large amount of the late interior is based on...

Mine too! My C was registered around March '92 if I remember correctly, and has the later body but with the earlier interior, but being a 2l 16v it's also missing the rear centre armrest...so guess it's a bit of early interior with a hint of late interior thrown in because of that!

great.. my cars made up of leftovers..... :roll:

:D

Nope, you've got the best of both worlds... the later body shape and bigger petrol tank with heater controls that actually work... ;) 8)

See it as a positive thing... 8)

emmm Henny, i see where u were going with that but my heater controls dont work..... and i ve no heater matrix even if they did...... :roll:

they could at least have used the leftovers that worked!!!!!

ah... I'll get my coat at that point then.... :oops: :roll:

*skulks off muttering about only trying to cheer people up....*

pfft....!!!!

fine then!!! :(

dont say i didnt at least offer an apology!!!! u blokes on here are getting soooooooo touchy!!!! :D

:lol: 8) sorry, just in a silly mood today... been in FAR too many meetings this week and have finally got a desk day today... (so obviously, I've skived all day and played on the internet... ;) :twisted: :lol: )

ah... right then..... i'll let you away with it...... :D

tho, i have decided not to bother going back to work til i move in 2 weeks..... heh heh!!!! roll on 2 weeks of skiving all day..... tho, i dont seem to remember doing much when i was at work..... damn forum!!!! :roll: