StormchargedVR6

Storm VR Turbo

:shock: Get a grip man, when its gone, its gone and is undoubtedly irreplaceable, if it were mine and I were selling, I'd not accept less than 20k, but then, I wouldn't sell :grin:

if i keep it i will land up making the rado 4WD and it will be a monster

a million times better an idea! no-one will ever look twice at an R32 turbo outside a VW show because they'll never know what it is, where as people will always look at the corrado anywhere and then be even more blown away by what it is underneath, the mileage, the single owner, the history etc etc etc.

no offence to the offerer, but there is no way anyone will treat the corrado as well as you have..

not that we're trying to influence you at all.. :D

Before you sell and never visit the CF again, can I ask what brakes you're running under your CH's? I've got a thread running where I'm questioning clearance of RXII's over Brembo 323's. Yours look spot on!

if i keep it i will land up making the rado 4WD and it will be a monster

a million times better an idea! no-one will ever look twice at an R32 turbo outside a VW show because they'll never know what it is, where as people will always look at the corrado anywhere and then be even more blown away by what it is underneath, the mileage, the single owner, the history etc etc etc.

no offence to the offerer, but there is no way anyone will treat the corrado as well as you have..

not that we're trying to influence you at all.. :D

Thanks for the kind words John. It will be a Sad day for me :(

Before you sell and never visit the CF again, can I ask what brakes you're running under your CH's? I've got a thread running where I'm questioning clearance of RXII's over Brembo 323's. Yours look spot on!

I will still visit the forum, have met some great people on here and will keep in touch :)

Only thing really left to upgrade on the car was the brakes, there 312mm TT setup

Only thing really left to upgrade on the car was the brakes, there 312mm TT setup

Was thinking too, it would be wrong to sell it in such an un-roadworthy state. Surely you should give the new owner the appropriate stopping power?!

Madness selling this, sheer madness.

An R32 golf in undoubtedly a better performance car, especially with Turbos. But it will never feel that special, just quick.

That post was ominously past tense. Has a decision been made then?

Got to make the phone call this weekend :(

Was thinking too, it would be wrong to sell it in such an un-roadworthy state. Surely you should give the new owner the appropriate stopping power?!

The guy knows everything about the car, hes followed the progress of the build

Madness selling this, sheer madness.

An R32 golf in undoubtedly a better performance car, especially with Turbos. But it will never feel that special, just quick.

I know mate, nothing will ever be so special to me :?

Just reading through this thread again - this was from 5 years ago.

Cheers guys, pride & joy never sell it.

Keep it you should, grow old with it - don't be one of those people you meet whose face cracks and say "I used to have a Corrado"

This is a lovely car. Obviously if the offer is too good to refuse then it's worth considering. But I certainly wouldn't sell it to get an R32. The R32 is a better car but the mk5 is quite new still and so will depreciate. Whatever people say about Corrados still falling in value, they can't fall much more and I think you'd be moving your money into a depreciating asset.

it would be a shame to sell this corrado, its such a nice example and if you made it 4 wheel drive (or even r32 4 wheel drive turbo :D ) would just take it to the next level

but to be honest r32 turbo mk 5 or even 4 golf would be nice the noise they make is something special, i love watchin them blastin on you tube

well if you decide to sell in the end then good look with the sale mate

Ok , taking 2 R32s out today , manual & DSG . DSG is the best ,its that nice blue with full Recaro leather 9k miles one owner mint paint

Very nice to drive luv the paddle shift its so smooth, awesome exhaust note. 4wd is way forward theres so much grip

Be nice with boost, been told DSG box will take 400bhp :D

Very tempted now

Ok , taking 2 R32s out today , manual & DSG . DSG is the best ,its that nice blue with full Recaro leather 9k miles one owner mint paint

Very nice to drive luv the paddle shift its so smooth, awesome exhaust note. 4wd is way forward theres so much grip

Very tempted now

Have you driven a MK4 Shaun, better looking car, IMO of course, no DSG though

Very tempted now

Have you driven a MK4 Shaun, better looking car, IMO of course, no DSG though

this is purely heresay as i've never driven either the mk4 or mk5 r32 golfs (driven both mk4 and mk5 golfs, but not r32s)

from what i've read from decent sources (e.g. evo magazine etc), the mk4 is more involving and slightly more "lairy" but a fair bit less refined and slower than the mk5. the mk5 is a more refined, sociable and generally newer car (obviously); it seems to be the natural evolution from the mk4 and if i had to choose without driving either then the mk5 would defo be my choice.

also i hate to admit it, but DSG really is excellent isn't it - possibly takes a little away from the driver experience and involvement, but undoubtedly gets you there faster...

best of luck with whatever you decide Shaun - i have to confess i prefer "home builds" to yours but your car is probably the finest example of a corrado in the uk and a proper testiment to your enthusiasm and love for not only your corrado, but performance cars in general etc.

my 2p on you selling is that i still miss my r32 converted corrado (and i never even got to drive it in that guise for very long) due to the time/effort i put into it and just how special it was. i don't think i'll ever stop missing it, but i've now got another very nice car that i'm actually much more happy with as a daily, is reliable, sensible (as a 5litre 400bhp car can be!) and prefer ownership of to the 'rado. swings and roundabouts i guess; if you do sell undoubtedly it'll be a very difficult descision, you'll DEFINITELY miss the 'rado whatever happens, but i'm defo not saying you would regret the sale in the long term as it would undoubtedly lead on to bigger and possibly better things.

hope that mass of waffle helps in some way!!! :D

Hey chap

I'm not sure if you still have the car, but I was tidying a few things up on my VRT the other day and I thought I'd show you what I mean about the hard line oil drain.

That ATP "Hi temp" hose isn't brilliant as it goes the same way as all rubber hose, even when protected with heat sleeving :-

ATP_HiTemp_hose.jpg

I fitted about 30cm of Hardline and then used a bit of the ATP hose as a flexi as it's a lot cooler down there from the air flow under the car:-

Hardline_oil_drain.jpg

surprised your hose went that bad when i was covered in heatwrap AND supposed to be "high-temp"...

i guess with the temps generated by the snail, it was only a matter of time.

your car must be getting pretty near the 100% mark reliability wise now you've been running it for so long Kev...

(touches wood!)